Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director of Education - AMO Sales and Services, Inc. A division of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care, Inc.
Requisition ID: 3514190829
Johnson & Johnson Vision a member of the Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is recruiting for a Director of Education. The selected candidate must reside or be willing to relocate to the Santa Ana, California area.
At Johnson & Johnson Vision, we have a bold ambition: to change the trajectory of eye health. That’s why, through our operating companies, we’ve developed solutions for every stage of life—to help people see better, connect better and live better. We partner with eye care professionals to provide some of the world’s leading products and technologies to address refractive error, cataracts, dry eye, and beyond. We are committed to using our reach and size for good, and strive to put quality eye care within reach of everyone, everywhere. Visit us at www.jjvision.com. Follow @JNJVision on Twitter and Johnson & Johnson Vision on LinkedIn
The Director of Education is responsible for developing and executing the strategy and implementation of learning and development solutions within the Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision sales organization. The Director will partner with the other leaders across the JJSV team in evaluating new training methodologies, training systems, platforms, best practices and instructional design strategies. These findings enable the Director to shape and deliver learning solutions that pertain to onboarding, launch excellence, marketplace, continuous learning, learning sustainability, and social learning. The incumbent must have a strong educational background with a focus on the learner’s experience and learning technology. Additionally, this individual will collaborate with multiple stakeholders to identify and prioritize training and business requirements that are translated to user and functional requirements to develop training systems. This individual must have strong project management skills while remaining committed to maintaining and improving current training systems in an organized, processes, and detail-oriented manner. The incumbent should raise the technical and training acumen of the Directors, Sr Managers, Sales Trainers, and Field Trainer through coaching, collaborating, and delivery of project while remaining committed to maintaining and improving current training systems in an organized, processes, and detail-oriented manner. The incumbent should raise the technical and training acumen of the Directors, Sr Managers, Sales Trainers, and Field Trainer through coaching, collaborating, and delivery of projects.
The Director, Education will:
- Implement & execute learning solutions that enable the organization to advance their competencies through continuous learning initiatives
- Conduct both high-level and detailed level needs analysis of our Field sales teams across JJSV.
- Leads the strategy and manage the development of Professional Education curriculum/programs to reach external professional customers (including Eye Care Professionals, Strategic Accounts & Students through symposia, web-based, speaker programs, and The Vision Care Institute), as well as internal audiences like Sales and Customer Relations
- Lead Professional Education and Technical Training to include content and execution through Peer-to-Peer, Professional Affairs Consultants (PACs), and The Vision Care Institute. Ensure robust, innovative programs which meet Vistakon's strategic needs and doctor education needs
- Responsible for developing and executing strategies and tactics within local markets to drive increased awareness and expansion of current and new products. Focus includes key stakeholders, including opticians, optometrists and ophthalmologists, retail partners, distributors, and schools and colleges of optometry to identify, create, and encourage utilization of new programs that drive penetration at the local, regional and national levels
- Development of a Practice Management education arm that can support business expertise with our Eye Care Professionals
- Enhancement of Sales Force Education in the areas of technical selling and scientific expertise
- Ensure harmonious alignment of professional content and delivery with Sales & Marketing strategic intent, while developing innovative new programs to enhance the confidence and expertise of our Eye Care Professionals
- Collaborate with SLD across NA, Sales Leaders, IT, CE, Compliance, and other partners to identify the best training technology platforms for JJSV
- Develop a dash board / Metrics on learning initiatives across JJSV
- Change management for all things Sales Learning & Development
- Develop collaborative relationships with key stakeholders including senior management, JNJ affiliates, suppliers, professional learning associations, industry leaders, etc.
- Master’s in business/org development and adult education preferred
- Documented results in performing ROI analysis, test validation and effectiveness measures in adult learning. Cross sector experience with documented results in partnering/collaboration.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills (with a professional audience specifically with clinical information) is required. Leadership level experience with clinical education programs/products. Excellent clincial/business knowledge and understanding of legal and healthcare compliance policies. Must have demonstrated effective leadership skills, strategy development and education, project leadership, problem solving and solutions driven skills
- Experience in a leadership role in a matrix/complex organization in either HR, Learning & Development, Organization & Talent development or related discipline (including prior experience designing large scale learning initiatives)
- Ability in driving innovation with delivery methods and strategies to large organizations. Experience designing and implementing training operations and processes (ex, metrics, reporting, intake, standard processes for needs assessments).
- Demonstrable experience creating and operationalizing learning programs in a large, complex and fast-growing environment
- Experience with e-Learning rapid prototyping tools (eg. Adobe Captivate, Articulate Studio, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Brainshark or Lectora Publisher).
- Knowledge of current and future technology for adult learners.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-California-Santa Ana-
AMO Sales and Services, Inc. (6238)