Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, iPSC Cell Therapy located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Exploratory Biology group of Janssen Biotherapeutics is seeking a highly motivated and independent researcher to fill the role of Principal Scientist, iPSC Cell Therapy/CAR-T. You will function as the subject matter expert to develop novel protocols to differentiate iPSCs into therapeutic immune cells, apply state of the art gene modification strategies to support complex cell engineering approaches, and aid in formulation of the group’s long-term strategy.
The successful candidate will lead a multidisciplinary team dedicated to building an iPSC platform to serve as the basis for novel engineered cell products for adoptive cell therapy in oncology and other indications. The candidate will have deep knowledge of iPSC derivation, characterization, and differentiation to immune cells, in addition to expertise in gene editing technologies (CRISPR, TALEN, ZFN, etc.). You will have a chance to create, optimize and scale a cutting-edge platform and be a leader in engineered cell therapeutics through the development of next-generation, off-the-shelf cell therapies.
- Design/implement iPSC platform development and optimize differentiation of iPSCs to immune lineage cells including T cells, NK cells, etc.
- Validate and optimize methods for multiplexed gene editing and large transgene delivery in iPSCs; identify creative, nascent solutions to address key scientific challenges required for platform success
- Oversee generation and characterization of engineered iPSC lines to support internal programs.
- Partner with Therapeutic Area (TA) and cell therapy teams to implement fit-for-purpose gene modification strategies and support program-specific activities.
- Interface closely with BioTherapeutics Development (BioTD) to develop and tech transfer robust, scale-able, GMP compliant protocols for iPSC culture and differentiation
- Closely mentor junior scientists to further develop talent within the group
- Execute research timelines to meet program and corporate objectives
- Foster a collaborative, creative, and rigorous culture of scientific discovery
- Ph.D. in Biology or Immunology required
- Minimum 7 years research experience in either iPSC biology, developmental biology, immunology, or cell and molecular biology required
- Experience with iPSC differentiation protocols (preferably to immune subsets) required
- Experience with gene editing methodologies (CRISPR, TALEN, ZFNs) required
- Familiarity with gene delivery approaches (viral vectors, transposons/recombinases, homologous recombination) desirable
- Prior experience with GMP cell bank generation desired
- Experience with CAR-T generation and functional characterization preferred
- Familiarity with generation and interpretation of high-dimensional datasets (single cell RNA-seq, ATAC-seq, Cytof) preferred
- Working knowledge of protein biochemistry, basic flow cytometry or cell imaging technologies and immune cell assays required.
- Proven ability to manage projects in a highly matrixed environment and lead cross-functional activities is required.
- Must have excellent communication (both written and oral), time management, record keeping and data analysis and collaborative skills.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)