Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Contracting Competency Center
Requisition ID: 3497190829
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems, Inc. is currently recruiting for a Senior Manager, Contracting Competency Center to be based in Piscataway, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. provides account management and customer support services to key health care customers, including hospital systems and group purchasing organizations, leading health plans, pharmacy benefit managers, and government health care institutions. The company also provides contract management, logistics and supply chain functions for the major Johnson & Johnson franchises.
Johnson & Johnson Deliver Group is part of Johnson & Johnson’s global Supply Chain organization supporting operations across all of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. We strive to deliver an exceptional customer experience through leading critical customer-facing-functions such as customer service, distribution and transportation. In addition, Deliver leads critical business enablers, including how we gather and manage supply chain master data, safe and secure supply chain practices, product identification standards, and market/channel access capabilities. It supports all three sectors of Johnson & Johnson: Medical Devices (including Vision), Pharmaceutical, and Consumer Products. Located in every region of the world where Johnson & Johnson operates, Deliver is a critical component of our supply chain, working collaboratively to ensure that quality, safety and the experience of our customers is our top priority.
As the Manager within our Contracting Competency Center (CCC), you will have responsibility in three key areas: Project Management, Problem Identification, Triage & Resolution, and leadership of change management activities within the Pharmaceutical medical device contracting system and associated groups. The CCC team leads both domestic and international projects supporting Johnson & Johnson contracting. Our team is also responsible for the daily identification, triage, and remediation of issues, defects, and data maintenance of MD&D contracting system.
You will lead teams, evaluating metrics and team performance, identifying short- and long-term goals, as well as serve to be the key representative in strategic and tactical discussions with our franchise partners. In addition, your responsibilities will include maintaining compliance with audit procedures and SOPs and collaborating with internal and external business partners to recommend standard methodologies in support of our franchise contract strategies.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- You will collaborate and influence Customers, Operating Partners, Account Management, Contracting (including Government), Regional Process Center, and the US Commercial Programs Legal Group to ensure alignment of goals for the best outcome for the Customer and the organization.
- You will be responsible for owning, leading, and/or supporting associates on multiple initiatives designed to streamline processes, improve automation, and/or drive standardization. These initiatives can range in impact from departmental to enterprise-wide.
- You will work closely with senior management and will often be required to lead customer opportunities with short turn-around times.
- You will aggressively seek opportunities to drive and implement improvement processes or policies that will positively impact internal efficiencies.
- You will own the development of testing strategies for the pharmaceutical contracting system during builds and seasonal upgrades.
- You will perform trend analysis; analyze and interpret data and reports to recommend operational efficiencies and/or strategy implementations
- You will research problems of broad scope (sales, payments, customer structure, product structure and data history) and recommend solutions.
- You should be able to demonstrate excellent analytical and interpersonal skills with customers, franchise contract teams, and vendors.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of eight (8) year’s direct healthcare contracting business experience required
- Requires experience in contract operations, sales, marketing, or finance in the health care industry
- People management and leadership skills are preferred
- Experience with Model N is preferred
- Tableau or Master Data Management (MDM) system experience preferred
- Demonstrated partnership or leadership with projects and/or in cross-functional teams required
- Up to 10% domestic travel required with limited travel to Somerville NJ and other J&J facilities in NJ and PA
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on
United States-New Jersey-Piscataway-
Johnson & Johnson Health Care Systems Inc. (6077)