Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, Workday Global Business Design Program Owner
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3495180213
Johnson & Johnson (J&J) is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Workday Global Business Design located in New Brunswick, NJ. Johnson & Johnson has implemented Workday, a Human Capital Management (HCM) solution to enable the enterprise talent agenda, provide greater visibility and alignment of J&J's workforce as well as drive standardization of global Human Resources (HR) processes.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $71.9 billion in 2016 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
This individual will be the Workday Business Owner and have responsibility for owning the overall Global Workday Business Design Roadmap across Core HR, Talent Processes and Compensation as well as developing and maintaining the global business design for Talent, Performance and Development functionality within Workday. This individual will collaborate with the Global Services Business Solutions Leads, Global Business Process Owners (GPOs), Corporate Services, IT and other key stakeholders and subject matter experts to design and shape the Workday business processes capability roadmap within J&J. This individual will lead a team supporting Workday Process Design Leads with responsibilities including but not limited to facilitating process design sessions, supporting process analysis, creation of test scenarios and overall coordination with the HR Operations teams to ensure optimal user experience.
• Strong collaboration with the HR Corporate Services partners in shaping the future Workday roadmap across the HR portfolio and providing thought leadership to shape new features and functionality of the Workday Core HR Global Design (absence, core compensation and integrations with Time, Payroll and Benefits systems) as well as the Talent Processes (Performance and Development) and Year End Compensation
• Partner closely with the Information Technology (IT) organization to ensure strong collaboration across the business and functional design teams as well as continuous improvement with ongoing steady state support. Collaborates with IT to ensure Workday business requirements are translated to the technical solution design and configuration.
• Main business lead to partner with Workday and IT to submit new ideas and capabilities to influence Workday roadmap.
• Manages ongoing Workday HR budget.
• Manages talent pipeline of the Workday team and rotation of Workday knowledge within the team. Manages team to ensure cross-functional knowledge-share for all HR Workday team members.
• Manages resources for HR projects required for projects such as A&D and rollout of Workday
• Review bi-annual Workday release notes to analyze future functionality as well as weekly Workday upgrades/bug fixes to determine impact
• Manages team to develop test scenarios for global system change requests in partnership with Corporate Services/GPO and Business Solutions. Ensures test scripts are developed and testing is coordinated with Regional Workday Operations.
• Ensure Business Design documentation and traceability matrix are up-to-date. Collaborate with IT to ensure all functional design and configuration documentation are in sync with all business design updates.
• Business approver of Workday Change requests to ensure alignment with Global Workday Design. Responsibilities include providing operational perspective and approval in the solution design governance meeting on Workday core system change requests and determining the IT work priority of global system change requests.
• Management of work associated with the coordination of user testing related to regression testing, releases etc with the HR Operations team in support of Workday. Maintain close partnership with Regional Workday Operations team on aligning requirements for global system change requests with the regions, ensuring design can be operationalized, enabling continuous building of Workday system knowledge
• Help ensure data integrity and coordinate data issue resolution.
• Coordinate with the Training, Change and Communications teams to provide content and FAQs for Core HR capabilities.
• Responsible for actively participating in the Workday User Group and Design partner meetings and remaining current with the latest functionality of Workday while assessing the need to adopt functionality based on J&J requirements and roadmap.
• Partner with Data Governance and Reporting team to ensure consistent reporting for annual vs year-round reporting.
• Approve re-design of Security Roles for Performance and Compensation.
• Travel requirements of approximately 15%.
• Minimum of a Bachelor Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred.
• Minimum of eight (8) years of experience in a Human Resources or HRIS role is required
• Demonstrated understanding of core HR processes required.
• Experience in Core HR, Compensation and/or Talent is highly preferred.
• Prior Workday experience required
• Global experience is preferred.
• Experience working with SaaS (Software as a Service) preferred; experience with Human Capital Management (HCM) implementation preferred
• Project Management experience is required.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks is required
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with strong attention to detail are required.
• Outstanding organizational, and collaboration skills with the ability to partner across functions and regions is required.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence peers and stakeholders (within HR and cross-functionally) required.
• Ability to build strong relationships within the organization with HR Operations, enterprise stakeholders, IT, finance and other cross-functional partners strongly preferred.
• Executive presence as well as experience partnering with multiple stakeholders and countries preferred
• This position is primarily located in New Brunswick, NJ with up to 15% domestic travel.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)