Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Systems Engineer, Robotics (Integration and Usability)
Requisition ID: 3485190501
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Company is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer, Robotics (Integration and Usability) to join the Digital Orthopedic Surgery Group in Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for user-centered aspects of new product development that will be embedded in the Digital Robotic Surgery organization.
- Work closely on contextual research to discover unmet needs and creates the concepts to address those needs using state-of-the-art tools, prototyping and simulation.
- Apply knowledge of systems engineering, human factors and user interaction design to optimize digital surgery workflows and user interfaces that ensure an exceptional user experience.
- Work with a collaborative team to plan, execute and document all aspects of the usability engineering process.
- Perform appropriate analysis to ensure the system architecture is safe and effective.
- Generate and present technical material necessary for the comprehension and understanding of stakeholders and users at all levels.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Cognitive Science, Anthropology, Psycology of Human and Computer Systems or equivalent is required.
- A minimum 4 years of related experience is required (Advanced degree will count towards overall experience: M.S. and 3 years’ experience / PhD and 1 year of experience).
- Minimum 2 years human factors/usability engineering experience/use case validation testing or equivalent relevant experience in product development and customer interactions is required (This can include research/co-op/intern experience).
- Experience in the planning and execution of all aspects of the Human Factors Engineering process including ethnographic research, formative and summative studies, documentation for design control and risk management is highly preferred.
- Experience applying FDA, ISO, AAMI, and other relevant medical device usability, design control and risk management regulations and standards is highly preferred.
- Experience with User Interface design and prototyping tools is preferred.
- Medical device product development experience preferred.
- Experience designing orthopedic surgical systems, complex medical systems or digital surgical solutions highly desired.
- Knowledge and experience performing human perception, cognition and anthropometric analysis preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in collaborating across organizational boundaries and multiple global locations highly preferred.
- This position will be based in in Boston, MA or Raynham, MA. Please note, we also have a temporary satellite office in Mansfield, MA where candidates may also be based. Position may also require up to 20% travel depending on business needs.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)