Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 3480190430
Janssen Research & Development, LLC., a member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Principal Scientist, Discovery Immunology to be located in La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases, vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolic diseases and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.janssenrnd.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a Principal Scientist within the Innate Immunity and gastroenterology group who has extensive experience and accomplishments in Innate immune biology research and drug discovery.
- Lead or contribute various pre-clinical drug discovery programs including leading early- and late-stage research programs
- Interact with key partners including Discovery leaders, the Immunology therapeutic area and partner organizations including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups to delivery clinical candidates
- Work closely with colleagues from partner organizations, biomarkers and early development to progress clinical candidates into early clinical development
- Develop and advance platform technologies as needed
- Help build an extensive external network of leaders with vision in the field of innate immunity and work with leadership to seek out and develop strategic partnerships, champion them for internal adoption, implement and execute these projects.
- Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
- Manage and mentor a scientific group that could span the Discovery hubs
- The successful candidate should have a PhD in immunology, cell biology, or other closely-related field, at least 6-10 years of postgraduate training and research, and proven drug discovery project and people management experience required.
- The qualified candidate also need to have demonstrable evidence of scientific productivity reflected in publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Essential functions include the demonstration of oral, written and interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work well in a quick paced, highly matrixed, interactive environment is vital.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-San Diego-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)