Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Lead Business Analyst - Data and Analytics
Requisition ID: 3460190828
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for an IT Lead Business Analyst - Data and Analytics for the Medical Device Data and Analytics Product Line and will be located in Irvine, CA.
As the world’s most comprehensive medical devices business, we are building on a century of experience, merging science and technology, to shape the future of health and benefit even more people around the world. With our unparalleled breadth, depth and reach across surgery, orthopedics and interventional solutions, we’re working to profoundly change the way care is delivered. We are in this for life. For more information, visit www.jnjmedicaldevices.com.
As the IT Lead, you will play a key role building and deploying various data management solutions in realization of our Data and Analytics strategy to transform the Medical Device Regional Data Analytics capabilities. You will implement data lake, data warehousing solution and data analytics visualization capabilities including mobile analytics to enable our business users to quickly identify insights and drive business performance. You will collaborate with IT peers, Business Product Owners, Application Services and Global Technology Services to apply Enterprise technology and development capabilities to deliver solutions that rapidly meet business needs. Key skills are needed to build data management capabilities in the realm of Big Data, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing and Analytics.
- Understands and applies standard methodology techniques to develop enterprise Data Lake, Business Intelligence/Data Warehousing solutions.
- Carries data architecture ownership to develop data models, metadata solution which meet the needs of the organization's information systems, manages data dictionary and the flow of information using variety of data platforms.
- Analyzes internal and external data sources Sales, Marketing, Medical Affairs, Contracts datasets to discover data and articulate the data scope and target models to development teams and business partners.
- Deep understanding of third-party data such as IQVIA/ IMS, Docgraph referral data, NPI for Market Share analytics and Learning Management systems and analytics.
- Perform source data analysis, data discovery, collaborates with business and peer teams to synthesize the business rules required for data acquisition and creation of information with context association.
- Possesses solution implementation experience using AWS cloud stack components (Redshift, S3, RDS, EMR, Lambda), NoSQL, Talend, Informatica, Tableau and Qlik toolset or similar.
- Partner with business product owners to define the IT capabilities, build roadmaps, establish project portfolio, prioritize backlog and deliver the solutions utilizing an Agile delivery model.
- Maintain data integrity by working to eliminate redundancy. Participates in Data Governance meetings and engages with multi-functional teams to stay informed of the ways the organization uses its data and understands its potential impact to delivery of specific initiatives.
- Maps out business processes to serve as a reference for development and IT support.
- Explains to business how requirements will be implemented from a functional standpoint.
- Understands development estimates and articulates different levels of effort required to address the changing priorities and requirements in a high paced environment.
- Tracks progress of the product development and reports to the IT and business partners on delivery status.
- Applies enterprise architecture practices to accelerate our ability to meet current business needs, to scale and to adapt to dynamic business needs.
- Maps out complex business processes to serve as reference for development of data and analytics’ solutions and advocates for business process simplification where appropriate to deliver robust and cost effective solutions.
- Build of data foundation capabilities occurring in multiple Agile Scrum work streams. Co-ordinates work streams, activities and initiatives across Product Lines as needed.
- Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation and participates in compliance activities as required.
- Ensures successful business product owner engagement and completion of user acceptance testing.
- Takes business requirements and writes specifications in a consumable format and terminology for development team.
- Provides technology leadership and data subject matter expertise to drive business adoption of self-service analytics models and solutions.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant business/technology leadership experience and a BA/BS degree or equivalent is required.
- Strong data analysis skills with hands-on expertise with heterogeneous data sources is required.
- Previous experience in the medical device and/or healthcare industry is required.
- Strong knowledge of ERP (Sales Domain)/ Contracts data, analyzing data domains in pharma/medical devices sectors with commercial functions’ scope is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business partners to translate business needs into relevant Big Data Lake and complementing business intelligence solutions is required.
- Must have proven expertise in Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality, Data Governance and Management techniques and Strategies.
- Experience working across multiple levels of business and IT partners and collaborating in a global, multi-functional capacity is required; experience working closely with shared services organizations preferred.
- Proven experience deploying business analytics tools, business intelligence and visualization solutions in direct support of business functions is required.
- Hands on experience on AWS Cloud stack and with Amazon Web Services like S3, EC2, Redshift, RDS, EMR, Athena is required.
- Experience working with shared Application Services teams and key vendors, and Talend/Informatica data integration tools and QlikSense /Tableau analytics tools experience is preferred.
- This position is located in Irvine, CA and may require up to 20% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)