Johnson & Johnson Careers
DRUG PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Requisition ID: 3439181002
Summer Intern, Biotherapeutics Drug Product Development
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting a summer intern student in 2019 for Biologics Drug Product Development, to be based in Malvern, PA. The Summer Intern will support activities related to the assessment of primary containers and the impact of formulation, container closure and device functionality on product quality attributes for biologics within the Biotherapeutics Drug Product Development (DPD) department. The incumbent will support projects that evaluate state-of-the-art technology of pre-filled syringes (PFS).
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing support to areas of drug product design and primary container evaluation.
- Supporting the collaboration of DPD Formulation Scientists with Device Engineers and Primary Container Engineers to align on formulation, device, and container characteristics.
- Leading the execution of experiments designed to evaluate PFS products based on formulation and dosing requirements.
- Organizing testing schedules, presenting results, and authoring reports.
- Communicating progress to supervisors.
At the culmination of the internship, the intern will have gained:
- Exposure to the pharmaceutical industry.
- General knowledge of subcutaneous product development.
- Understanding of syringe product design and biologics formulation development.
- Familiarity with drug product formulation and primary container design.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college throughout the duration of the internship.
- Must have completed a minimum of 1 year towards a Masters’ or Doctoral Degree that includes full-time laboratory work.
- Previous experience with laboratory analytical techniques is preferred.
- Intern must be available between May and August 2019 (approximately 12 weeks) and be able to work full-time for the duration of the internship.
- Mandatory PC-based skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Intern must be able to provide their own transportation to/from their work location.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)