Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director, Worldwide Education: Biosense Webster
Requisition ID: 3431181026
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, a member of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Director, Worldwide Education for Biosense Webster located in Irvine, CA.
The Sr. Director, WW Education is responsible for developing the global education strategy for Biosense Webster. This includes leading the Johnson & Johnson Institute (Professional Education) and Johnson & Johnson University (Commercial Education) vision/strategies and directing the execution of all related activities to ensure global consistency of how all internal and external Biosense Webster stakeholders are trained. You will lead a team responsible for the design, development and delivery of learning continuums, content, and learning strategies for the BW clinical/sales organization and external customers including physicians (attendings, fellows, residents) and allied health professionals. You will determine education priorities, collaborate with regional partners on global program deliverables and shape strategy for new clinical innovation. The Sr. Director will be a member of the Global Education Solutions (GES) Leadership Team and will represent GES on the Global BWI Leadership Team.
The primary objectives of the role include:
- Partners with senior leadership including JJI/JJU Strategy team, Global & Regional Marketing, Sales and new technology teams to understand overall strategies and business objectives.
- Assesses business and training needs in all four regions and develops the global education strategy for internal (Commercial Education) and external (Professional Education) customers.
- Sets strategy for the build of all internal/external training content including new and existing workflows and new product launches.
- Lead faculty/KOL development and engagement.
- Oversees the build and delivery of all internal/external education programs and ensures that regional/local education teams are executing consistently.
- Drives the build of a network of Biosense Webster training sites for internal and external customers.
- Builds strategy to create global field trainer footprint in every major market.
- Develops plan to build and develop education design and delivery capability.
- Motivate and manage a team of professionals, including personnel who will be working in locations inside and outside the US.
- Measures and continuously improves effectiveness of internal and external education programming.
- Collaborates with members of the global/regional/local Biosense Webster teams to improve effectiveness and efficiency of global education programs.
- Develops education standards and leads global governance team to ensure utilization/effectiveness.
- Works with other functions/departments (HCC, Procurement, Legal, PR&O, etc.) on HCP selection/ contracting, preferred suppliers, contract negotiations and statements of work to ensure adherence to company policies.
- Accountability for developing, tracking and achieving an annual operating budget.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required; advanced degree is preferred Minimum of 12 years with history of success in Healthcare medical devices is required
- Minimum 10 years experience in cardiac space with roles of increasing responsibility (ie., Sales, Sales Management, Marketing, other commercial functions)
- Must possess clinical knowledge of electrophysiology space, including cardiac mapping and ablation, the clinical EP customer, selling or managing a team who sells intra-cardiac electrophysiology devices required.
- Minimum of 7 years successfully managing a medical device team is required.
- Additional experience working on a global team, in other businesses, functions or geographic regions preferred.
- Strong influence of management and communications skills working in highly matrixed organizations required.
- Proven ability to understand business strategy and successfully translate into education strategies
- Ability to develop and lead a team across a matrix organization
- Ability to build a global business plan
- Ability to travel up to 40%, to include both domestic and international travel
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)