Johnson & Johnson Careers
Johnson & Johnson Global Operations Leadership Development Program (GOLD) - Class of 2019
Raritan, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3423180607
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 275 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 128,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
The Johnson & Johnson Supply Chain is an integrated, global supply chain that serves the needs of the 1 billion people who use J&J products each and every day around the world. We manufacture more than 26 billion product units per year, from raw component sourcing to end product distribution as efficiently and effectively as possible with high quality, compliance and service performance. Our supply chain organization makes up 45% of all J&J employees, and includes 125 internal manufacturing plants, leads 581 external manufacturers, utilizes 459 distribution centers, partners with over 3700 direct suppliers, and produces over 300,000 sku’s.
The Global Operations Leadership Development Program offers recent university graduates the opportunity to accelerate their career growth through a structured framework that combines challenging work rotations with classroom and online training over a two and a half year period. The goal of the program is to craft the next generation of leaders for the engineering, operations, and quality disciplines within Johnson & Johnson. Functional areas within the program include operations, procurement, quality, planning, customer and logistics services, project and process engineering, facilities engineering and quality technical support. The combination of multi-functional work assignments and action learning helps to develop the skills and capabilities needed to build your career path toward leadership development.
Participants will learn to drive their careers in small-company environments that support the ambitious spirit, cultivate collaboration and partnership, and recognize their individual contributions. At the same time, Associates benefit from the big-company impact of a global leader in health care, with elite training and development and career opportunities in a global environment.
- Combining on the job experience with business, leadership & personal development training
- Rotational assignments that deliver real business results
- Opportunity to expand technical capabilities, leadership skills and business knowledge
- Exposure to a broad range of experiences in the Supply Chain throughout J&J's three business segments (Consumer, Pharmaceutical, and Medical Devices).
- Global networking, virtual collaboration
- Building technical skills in many areas, including, project management, supply chain management (planning, manufacturing & procurement), quality and regulatory compliance, manufacturing operations, customer and logistics services (distribution, transportation and warehousing), product and process analysis & improvement methodologies (six sigma, lean, design excellence), and collaboration & collaboration.
During your participation you are responsible for demonstrating a working knowledge of how engineering, operations, and quality interact across our global supply chain. Associates will gain valuable experiences while:
- Participating in the planning, production and distribution of products and services
- Working on or with teams that build new facilities and renovate or maintain existing facilities
- Maintaining or improving manufacturing operational cost, efficiency, capacity, and compliance
- Learning about designing or redesigning new products
- Understanding the impact of the business on the customer experience
- Maintaining quality and regulatory compliance
- Keeping the Customer in the center of everything we do
You may also have the chance to collaborate with internal customers and external vendors to make capital improvement to facilities/manufacturing systems and equipment. Associates will have the responsibility to lead in-house and contracted personnel on production lines and/or in the daily business. Participants may be responsible for or will assist in the selection, purchase, installation, and validation of new equipment or systems. Associates may participate in preparing documents such as Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Field Action reports, Preventive Maintenance reports, equipment effectiveness studies, design specifications and validation protocols. Associates may also participate in activities that include auditing, planning, forecasting, completing design specifications, crafting and executing cost improvement projects and developing design standards.
For consideration in the GOLD Program, Class of 2019, you should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree in a supply chain or engineering related field.
- Academic achievement as validated by an overall cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher.
- An interest in exploring multifunctional assignments within Engineering, Operations/Supply Chain, and Quality.
- Shown leadership ability.
- Experience as a co-op and/or internship in a significant business area (supply chain, operations, logistics, engineering, quality, data analytics, information systems, research and development, or another directly related field, as examples) is required.
- It is required that you have no more than 2 years of full-time work experience by December 31, 2018, inclusive of co-operational, internship, and post-graduate employment.
- The ideal individual would earn their degree between the Fall 2018 and Spring 2019 semesters
- It is preferred that you begin your GOLD position within 12 months of earning their most recent degree.
- Geographic flexibility is a mandatory requirement as well as permanent US work authorization without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
- You are eligible to begin full-time employment with Johnson & Johnson in June 2019 to align with the start of the GOLD program each year, and to attend mandatory class training.
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan
North America-United States-California-Vacaville, North America-United States-California-Los Angeles, North America-United States-Ohio-West Chester, North America-United States-New Jersey-Skillman, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester, North America-United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, North America-United States-New Mexico-Albuquerque, North America-United States-Indiana-Warsaw, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Horsham, North America-United States-New Jersey-Somerset, North America-United States-Florida-Jacksonville, North America-United States-California-Irvine, North America-United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick, North America-United States-Georgia-Cornelia, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Chesterbrook, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Lititz
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)