Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
New Product Development, Project Manager, North America PMO
Requisition ID: 3417180212
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company, Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. is searching for a New Product Development, Project Manager, North America PMO for our Los Angeles, CA location. This position reports to the Director, NA Project & Portfolio Management.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Independently lead and execute a portfolio of Innovation or Life Cycle Management (LCM) projects Emphasis will be on delivering projects on-time, within budget in a compliant and reliable manner
- Be accountable to deliver projects which will require and is not limited to building project plans, aligning stakeholders, managing the timeline, budget and driving team accountabilities to deliver the final project objectives, work with functional partners to define/align on the business case and project scope to support project execution, follow compliance defined through the IMO Governance process and tools
- Lead cross-functional project teams, (which may include Research & Development, Marketing, Sales, Packaging, Operations, Purchasing, Regulatory, Finance, and Planning), from project onset through post-implementation or launch activities
- Develop and implement project charters and metrics; obtain stakeholder alignment; identify project risks and develop risk mitigation plans; be a source of conflict resolution
- Lead in preparing and present project updates and stage-gate reviews at Governance forums
- Expected to work towards business process improvements for some quantum of their time as per the needs of the Business & Supply Chain
- Use strong business knowledge, technical skills and sound judgment to effectively assess risk, develop contingencies and determine when to elevate issues
- Utilize effective communication skills to appropriately inform various levels of the organization and team members in a timely manner
- Develop an in-depth understanding of assigned franchise, associated technologies and supply chain to ensure sound decision making from project chartering, through design, development and implementation, resulting in market successful products and reliable, cost-effective supply
- Utilize project metrics and lessons learned to improve business results and product launch processes in the region
- Develop a in depth understanding of various business processes, governances and supporting systems (Instantis, Gensight) and the tools/templates used for project & portfolio management
- Be responsible to maintain the required project updates in Instantis/Gensight (Project Portfolio Management System)
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- An advanced degree (MA, MS, MBA) preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years combined business experience within the following areas is required: Project Management, Engineering, Research and Development, Sales, Planning, Finance, Marketing and/or Operational function
- A minimum of two (2) years formal Project Management experience required
- Project Management Training and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
- Proficiency in MS Project, MS Excel and Portfolio management software (Instantis/Gensight) preferred
- Experience launching new products or managing product changes is preferred
- Working in a GMP or regulated environment (Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Diagnostics, or Consumer Product) preferred
- Must be able to work independently and without direct line management authority over team members
- Must be accountable, work well under pressure and have strong time management and prioritization skills
- Must be comfortable challenging status quo and looking for ways to improve processes
- This position may require up to 10% travel domestically and internationally
United States-California-Los Angeles
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)
New Product Intro-Life Cycle Mgmt