Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist -Sterilmed-Plymouth, Minnesota
Requisition ID: 3403180212
Sterilmed, a part of the CSS Group, member of the Johnson and Johnson Family of companies is currently recruiting for a Senior Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S) Specialist located in Plymouth, Minnesota
The CSS Group consists of six diverse businesses including Advanced Sterilization Products (ASP), Acclarent, Biosense Webster, Mentor, and Sterilmed.
Sterilmed, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is a nationally recognized company that safely reprocesses single-use medical devices for hospitals and surgery centers across the country. We take great pride in saving hundreds of millions of dollars for the healthcare system while simultaneously diverting thousands of tons of biomedical waste from landfills. Medical device reprocessing is an FDA-regulated industry and is endorsed by the AHA, AORN, CMS and the Joint Commission.
Under the direction of the Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability Manager, the Senior EHS Specialist is responsible for establishing and maintaining all processes to identify, evaluate, and control related risk for the Sterilmed site in Plymouth, MN, Torax Medical site in Shoreview, MN and NeuWave Medical site in Madison, WI. This position interfaces with all levels of management and associates as well as members of Local, State and Federal Regulatory agencies. This position is also responsible for compliance with all EHS&S regulations and Johnson & Johnson worldwide EHS&S standards. Position may additionally participate on internal committees, task forces and project teams as well as having a shared responsibility to meet measurable objectives.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assesses EHS&S hazards, risks and compliance and uses results from these assessments/audits to recommend appropriate controls/corrective actions
- Manages projects requiring knowledge of EHS&S principles, practices and regulatory requirements to support the implementation of appropriate control measures and program improvements
- Supports and facilitates site EHS&S teams/committees to ensure implementation of the EHS&S program
- Partners with local management to develop and implement site EHS&S CAPAs to address EHS&S program deficiencies
- Manage multiple concurrent tasks and deadlines, develop innovative solutions to problems, partner well with associates at all levels and have the leadership skills to lead projects and teams
- Devise methods for achieving compliance with regulatory and J&J requirements while meeting business constraints of the business locations being supported
- Extrapolate general guidance documents to the specifics of the business location
- Prepare, conduct, and coordinate effective training classes and programs for EHS&S matters (BBP, PIV, Emergency Response, etc.)
- Provide oversight and guidance to Sterlimed Facilities management and contract services (Security and Janitorial)
- Provide oversight to EHS&S consultants and contractors supporting regional J&J business locations
- Monitor and evaluate new regulations to determine impact on operating location
- Other responsibilities may be assigned & not all responsibilities listed may be assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required; Degree in Safety Engineering/Environmental Science preferred
- A minimum of six (6) years EHS&S related experience is required
- ASP/CSP certification is preferred
- Prior experience in the medical device industry is preferred
- Facilities management experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience working with EHS&S data reporting and tracking systems preferred
- Knowledge of US EPA, OSHA and DOT regulations and emerging laws/trends is required
- Technical expertise in the one or more of the following area of occupational safety and environmental regulations is preferred: Hazard Identification and Assessment, Ergonomics, Machine Safety, LOTO, Electrical Safety, Chemical Substance Management, Biosafety, Radiation, Emergency Response, Hazardous Waste, Wastewater Management, and Industrial Hygiene
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in fast-paced environment is required
- Ability to write reports, policy and procedure
- Show good decision making and judgment skills
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Excellent influencing, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Self-starter, focused on solutions and problem solving
- Highly professional in dealing with internal and external customers
- Ability to function independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Between 20-30% travel both domestic and international is required
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sterilmed, Inc. (6215)
Environmental Health & Safety