Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Management Engineer, Technical Lead
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3399190828
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Data Management Engineer, Technical Lead. This position is located in Somerville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
We are looking for a Technical Lead who has strong innovative product development skills to build data platform as a Product within digital ecosystem for medical devices. Digital foundation includes a platform led approach with re-usable components for assets across the J&J MD portfolio – enabling collaboration between product teams while reducing effort in creating new products. The role requires deeper domain knowledge of clinical healthcare data, data interoperability standards with broad experience of developing data management capabilities and advanced analytics solutions. Experience in handling a variety of structured and unstructured data sources in the healthcare field, the adeptness to collaborate closely and influence others in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, creativity to invent, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions and exposure to new technologies in data and analytics.
The primary responsibility of the Data Management Technical Lead is to collaborate with internal and external partners across the organization to develop sustainable solutions that support data-driven decision-making with hands-on expertise to build Data and Analytics services. As an integral part of Digital Surgery Data Management team, you will architect, design, build, and support data management capabilities for a next generation cloud data and analytics platform integrating device/robot and clinical health data from various hospitals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Develop Data Management capabilities integrating various Hospital Information Systems datasets like EMR/EHRs, RIS, Patient Case Schedules, Lab results and Financial information like Claims, Payments into a cloud data platform to enable analytics consumption.
- Apply domain expertise with Hospital Integration Systems and industry interoperability standards such as HL7 V2, V3 and CDA, HL7 FHIR, PACS DICOM to implement a cloud data platform solution.
- Apply subject matter knowledge of Compliance and data privacy frameworks like HiTRUST, GDPR, CCPA to build a compliant and certified cloud data platform solution
- Act as data domain guide in the topics of Hospital health data integration and data management, data persistence across operational and analytical data layers, data veracity and data analytics.
- Customize and extend FHIR Resource model, FHIR Server APIs to address health data acquisition, processing, persistency and consumption.
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness while producing high quality data management software with scalable data services to address business needs.
- Develop and evolve microservices/APIs for data ingestion, data transformation, persistence and access.
- Define user stories/enablers/tasks/tests to address solution Functional and Non-Functional requirements.
- Programmatic implementation of groomed user stories and enablers with expected functionality in agile delivery cycles.
- Analyze and adopt new tools and solution patterns to build high performing and scalable solutions.
- Proactively find opportunities and technologies providing access, processing, visualizations, exploration and analysis of data.
- Support and contribute to creation of relevant documentation, knowledge exchange sessions with various partner to articulate the solution design and implementation roadmaps.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and/or engineering equivalent is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional work experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant experience building Data Management capabilities with Health data is required.
- Expertise with interoperability standards like HL7 V2, V3, CDA, FHIR is required.
- Design and implementation knowledge of FHIR server APIs, FHIR Resource Model is required.
- Hands-on in-depth programming skills using JAVA and SQL is required.
- Proven experience building and supporting data engineering, data services-based data platform in direct support of business functions is required.
- Expertise implementing integrations with Hospital Information Systems, PACS, EMRs, CDA standards is preferred.
- Expertise in Data Management using RDBMS required), NoSQL stores is required.
- Experience with Graph DB stores is preferred.
- Knowledge in data wrangling languages like R, Python, C++ in understanding the framework developers are building towards digital ecosystem is preferred.
- Expertise implementing solutions with Cassandra platform is preferred.
- Experience working with Microservices centric solutions is preferred.
- Experience in development of cloud agnostic solutions is preferred.
- Experience working in multi cloud environment in Azure and/or AWS and/or GCP is preferred.
- Project experience following frameworks of SAFe for Lean Enterprises/Agile/Scrum teams preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business owners, product managers, product owners to strategize and implement data management and analytics solutions is required.
- Ability to communicate complex solutions in a clear, precise, and actionable manner is required.
- Experience within the Medical Devices/Life Sciences/Healthcare industries is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details is required.
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences is required.
- This position is based in Somerville, NJ and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)