Johnson & Johnson Careers
New Brunswick, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3395180606
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, Inc., is recruiting for a Data Scientist located in New Brunswick, NJ at the World Headquarters.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions is a center of excellence for the Pharmaceutical, MD&D and Consumer sectors, focused on healthcare consumer engagement and behavior modification, leveraging behavioral science, healthcare analytics, and a common digital/IT platform.
Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions serves as an enterprise-wide group responsible for harnessing a J&J portfolio of capabilities to deliver creative J&J enterprise solutions for J&J products in order to deliver improved health outcomes.
You will report to the Senior Manager Data Science and be part of the world-class Behavior Science Team. The Behavior Science Team partners with the Enterprise Solutions and Commercial Teams to help build the product portfolio. They share research results and scientific insights in top journals and conferences to demonstrate thought leadership and generate marketing claims.
In this role, you will be a disciplined-thinker, highly motivated, self-starter who possesses strong likeness towards Math and Math-based approaches. You will build algorithms from mathematical abstractions using existing tools.
• Analyze healthcare data, run descriptive statistics, generate prior distributions, explore relationships: correlation, covariance, causality, structural equation modeling, and build Bayesian Influence diagrams
• Develop Predictive models with Deep Learning networks, Gradient Boosting, Random Forest, SVM, and Logistic Regression using both generative and discriminative algorithms
• Define dynamics in the system as difference equations, Markovian processes, AR/ARMA, and develop Optimization algorithms, e.g. Decision theory, finite horizon problems, Kalman filter, Particle filter
• Perform Sub-group analysis: clustering, agglomerative clustering, graph based clustering, and PCA analysis
• Define and develop features, selections (Ridge/Lasso), and ranking
• Develop algorithms to achieve the desired health outcomes and improved health behavior in Big data environment SPARK and SCALA.
• Standardize nominal, categorical, and numerical data to ensure data integrity
• Partner with Scientists, Engineers and the business to collect and organize healthcare data and generate insights for thought leadership and marketing claims
• Work with Engineer to build dashboards to visualize near real-time insights for targeted audience including scientists and commercial
• Author peer reviewed journal articles and white papers related to the Data Science solutions
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
• A minimum of a PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, Electrical Engineering and/or related discipline is required
• Post Doc research experience in healthcare is preferred
• A minimum one year of experience is required; preferably in algorithm development, predictive models and/or optimization technique
• Strong Programming skills in any of the following is required: Python, SQL, Java, C++/C, Scala, Matlab, R
• Research in Machine Learning is required
• Experience in Deep Learning, Bayesian inference and Markovian processes is preferred
• Experience in Text Mining and Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) is preferred
• Understanding of and ability to apply research in real world problems to generate actionable insights is required
• Demonstrated professional scholarly activity: conference presentations, published in peer-reviewed publications / journals is required
• Active listening skills and deep analytical ability are required
• A real passion for excellence and exceeding customer expectations is required
• Ability to work in New Brunswick, NJ is required
• Up to 5% of travel is required, primarily domestic
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick