Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Manager, North America - Early Intevention Payor Relations
Requisition ID: 3390180212
Mitek Sports Medicine, part of the DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, North America - Early Intervention (EI) Payor Relations. This is a field based role supporting the West Coast and can be based in one of the following states: CA, WA, OR, NV, ID, UT, AZ.
DePuy Synthes Mitek is the Sports Medicine business offering orthopaedic sports medicine products, soft tissue repair devices, joint movement solutions and minimally invasive and arthroscopic solutions.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we have created one organization with a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive healthcare solutions.
Early intervention (EI) is the fastest growing platform in the DePuy Synthes’ North America portfolio and is comprised of buy-and-bill biologics as well novel non-surgical solutions in the space of sports medicine and osteoarthritis. With a dedicated sales team and entrepreneurial spirt, the EI team has developed a competitive and results oriented culture and is seeking to add leaders that are self-starters, motivated to win and projectable to assume increasing responsibility within the organization. The EI team fits into the broader sports medicine platform which is part of the North America DePuy Synthes Organization of Johnson and Johnson.
The Payor Relations Sr. Manager is a field based team member charged with establishing, maintaining and enhancing product access through optimal formulary positions with national and regional payors to enable sales growth by the field selling organization. He/she is expected to effectively navigate the complex payor marketplace and achieve optimal access position to increase scope and areas of influence within assigned National or Regional Accounts which may include health plans, Specialty Pharmacy programs, Wholesale Distributors and Employer groups. The Sr. Manager will identify, gain access to and foster relationships with key decision makers including but not limited treating KOLs and payor decision makers to contribute to and deliver the platform value proposition message as well as directly negotiate contracts on behalf of the organization.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- In conjunction with the field selling team and direct line leadership develop a target call plan of payors, KOLs and advocacy/policy leaders within osteoarthritis and sports medicine space
- Contribute to the development and communication of platform value proposition to a multitude of internal and external and stakeholders including but not limited to advocacy/policy leaders, payors and HCPs
- In conjunction with health economics team, the Sr. Manager will identify KOLs to contribute to the platform real world evidence agenda
- Lead all market access strategies and tactics in designated geography which may include informal leadership of other junior market access staff
- Partner with cross sector market access teams within J&J to gain access and maintain relationships with key payor decision makers
- Collaborate regularly with peers, US marketing team, Finance, sales force and other J&J partners to utilize their expertise and ensure open lines of communication and synergy within the accounts
- Interacts as appropriate with field sales management to develop local pull through strategies and ensure growth is maximized within the assigned geographies
- Serves as a resource in the role of expert to all internal partners on the business models and trends of payers and as the local market expert on reimbursement and access within their assigned geographies
- Directly negotiates terms and conditions of contracts, providing access for products using clinical and economic value propositions, as well as marketing resources, to obtain favorable access
- The Sr. Manager will be measured on his/her ability to secure, maintain, enhance and protect local market access and optimal formulary position
- A minimum of a BA/BS Degree required with advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of healthcare industry experience required with 2+ or more years of direct market access/payor experience required
- Prior large account management experience or experience with health plans required
- Prior experience with director and senior level health plan executives within the assigned geography preferred
- Position requires the ability to regularly use discretion and judgment and to establish an effective work schedule that accommodates frequent disruptions to routines and flexible work hours in accomplishing objectives
- Experience working in channels such as large Payers, national and regional health plans, state and local governments and Physician Medical Groups preferred
- Knowledge of formulary processes and healthcare industry trends required
- Ability to understand clinical and sales data as it relates to the assigned product areas required
Valid driver's license issued in the state of residence and clean driving record required. This position requires significant travel (up to 50%) including required meetings and training, overnight and possibly weekends.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
North America-United States
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)