Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Environment Health,Safety & Sustainability
Requisition ID: 3389180212
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Manager of Environment Health, Safety & Sustainability, to be located in La Jolla, CA.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Responsible for the site-level environmental health and safety infrastructure. Depending on risk/size of facility, this role will possibly manage a facility EHS&S team. Responsible for ensuring the local facility EHS operations are in compliance with federal, state, and local EHS regulations, as well as Johnson & Johnson EHS Standards. Partner with site leadership teams to establish and implement site EHS strategy and Management Action Plan (MAP) in alignment with the JJSC and/or R&D.
- This leader will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders.
- Internal: R&D leaders, Facilities partners, and other site functional leaders.
- External: Regulators and 3rd party consultants or assessors.
- Shared responsibility with site Leadership for EHS performance at the site
- Partner with local management to develop and implement a site MAP to address EHS program deficiencies and ensure EHS regulatory compliance.
- Develop EHS objectives for the site - auditing, analyzing, documenting, and reporting on their implementation and effectiveness to management via dashboards & reports.
- Manage EHS professionals at local facility. Set and monitor goals/objectives/assignments, provide adequate coaching/counseling, develop and monitor employee development plans, and provide recommendations as part of the succession planning, appraisal, and salary planning process.
- Monitor and evaluate EHS risks of operations, including change management, ensuring continuous improvement of the EHS program to make it leaner and more efficient.
- Provides upper management with ongoing consultation pertaining to environmental, health and safety regulations identifying the impacts of changes to regulations on key business objectives.
- Develop and implement EHS training strategy for the site, ensuring key risk and regulatory requirements are addressed for appropriate audiences, including new hires.
- Support and facilitate site EHS committees/teams to ensure implementation of the EHS program.
- Maintain local ISO certifications (and other voluntary certifications, VPP/OHSAS) by ensuring site EHS management systems are aligned & maintained consistent with ISO and/or program standards.
- Collaborate with other functions to manage EHS aspects of external manufacturers, suppliers and contractor programs.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of professional experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of EHS experience is required.
- Demonstrated project management skills are required.
- Technical experience in diverse EHS areas including but not limited to air, water, hazardous and medical waste, machine safety, industrial hygiene and chemical handling is highly desirable.
- Excellent influencing, negotiating, planning, organizational, and time management skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
- The ability to work in a team environment is required.
- Experience in identifying, evaluating and controlling EHS risks in the workplace is required.
- Ability to quickly interpret complex regulatory issues and provide recommended course of action is required.
- Proficient in MS Office software programs including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required.
- J&J Worldwide EHS data reporting and tracking systems exposure is preferred.
- This position is located in La Jolla, Ca and may require up to 20% travel domestically and/or internationally.
Be VITAL in your career. Be seen for the TALENT you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-California-La Jolla
JANSSEN SUPPLY GROUP, LLC (6046)
Environmental Health & Safety