Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Associate Scientist, Virus Purification Process Development
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 3374190828
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Associate Scientist, Virus Purification Process Development, located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
You will join the team responsible for process development and scale-up for viral vectors, viral vaccines and/or cell therapy processes within the Cell Technologies group in Spring House, PA.
• Participating in the design of experiments, executing the planned experiments, and optimizing the process steps to the target process scale.
• Design and executing development studies to identify and determine ranges of critical process parameters for viral vector production and purification
• Developing scale up and scale down models for all major downstream purification steps
• Design and executing process optimization and improvement studies and transfer process to external and internal facilities
• Record and analyze experimental data, verify data integrity and accuracy, and report/summarize findings to the project team, and also draft technical documents and perform technology transfer to collaboration partners
• Work in a team environment as well as contributing individually to meet project timeline and objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in Biological Science or Engineering with at least 4 years of experience OR a Master's degree in Biological Science or Engineering with 2 years of significant experience in downstream purification of viruses and other large biomolecules is required
• Experienced in all stages of downstream purification - Clarification/pre filtration, Microfiltration/Ultrafiltration, Tangential flow systems (TFF - standard and engineered systems), Membrane and Resin Chromatography for viruses, vaccines, monoclonal antibodies, cell therapy and other large molecules is required
• Experience in transferring process technologies to internal and external facilities is required
• You are highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects with some supervision
• Ability to maintain written records of work in the form of notebooks, technical reports and protocols
• Data reporting, ability to present findings to management with a handle on the bigger picture, and experience with team-based collaborations is a required
• This role is based in Spring House, PA and may require up to 10% travel. Occasional weekend work may be required.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)