Auris is a technology company defining the future of medical intervention. By combining advancements in medical robotics, instrumentation, navigation and data science, Auris is building a platform technology capable of expanding the applicability of robotics to a spectrum of medical procedures.
Auris is looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join a team of talented roboticists and software engineers who are trying to solve some of the hardest problems in medicine today. In addition to design, implement and test software solutions, she/he will be involved in specifications and requirements definitions based on clinical and user inputs. The position requires not only rock-solid C++ development skills, but also the ability to work closely with the other software engineers as well as engineers from other groups to lead architecture decisions, implement, and test software solutions. We are looking for a candidate that can work independently and also function well within a team, that has the desire to bring the latest software technologies into the medical world, is self-motivated, curious and willing to revolutionize the world of surgical robotics.
• Create specifications and requirements based on clinical and user inputs.
• Bring prototypes into C++ product level software in an FDA regulated environment.
• Design and perform testing and validation of selected solutions.
• Work with software and clinical engineers to develop desktop software applications for our surgical robotic platform.
• Lead design discussion and code review.
• Understand user needs, clinical needs & customer input requirements to drive software development.
• Work cross-functionally with clinical engineers, system engineers & scientists to architect and develop software application
• Implement and integrate control algorithms on the robotics platform
- BS/MS in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.
- 8+ years of experience with BS, 5+ years with Master or 3+ years with PhD in developing desktop applications.
• Strong background in object-oriented programming.
• Familiar with medical imaging modalities such as CT, MRI or ultrasound.
• Experience with Unit testing and software Verification and Validation processes.
• Familiarity with design controls and regulated environment.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Ability to work in a regulated environment in compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR 820 a plus
• Experience in the medical device industry.
• Experience architecting C++ Applications
• Experience with GUI development (QT preferred).
• Knowledge of OpenGL and 3D rendering a plus
• Familiar with computer vision, computer graphics and image processing
• Experience developing software under Linux and Microsoft Windows.
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and photocopiers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are flexible Monday through Friday, generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-California-Redwood City-
Auris Health, Inc. (6267)