Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
J&J Supply Chain/Engineering Overview
J&J Supply Chain encompasses supply chain organizations across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. This model enables strategic supply chain decision-making across our companies, while keeping supply chain organizations embedded in our sectors and connected to our businesses, close to our respective markets and customers. All functions that “plan, source, make and deliver” our products – are part of J&J Supply Chain. Process begins at raw component sourcing to end-product distribution with high quality, compliance and service performance.
Life as a Supply Chain/Engineering Co-op
Our University hires play an important role in enhancing our business. When you join our family, you will work on projects that enhance your leadership, analytical, and project management skills. Cross-functional team work provides an opportunity to partner with a variety of people in various functions in the organization across all 3 of our sectors; Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Consumer. We offer an interactive team environment, where your capabilities and skills will be developed to build a strong career foundation.
- Co-op roles last up to 12 months, starting in June/July.
- Assignment location will be matched to business needs and availability.
- Daily transportation to and from the work-site location is the student’s responsibility.
- Candidate must be available to work full time (40 hours per week) and overtime, if it is required by the business, during the duration of the assignment.
The Supply Chain co-op could work in a variety of functional roles across the supply chain organization including but not limited to the following: Planning Analysts, Manufacturing Engineers, Regulatory Compliance/Quality Engineers, Program Management Office Associates, Associate Engineers, Associate Facilitators, Project Engineers, Operations Associates, Supply Chain Associates.
Responsibilities May Include:
- Manage demand and supply planning, performance, requirements and risk.
- Analyze supplier network, agreements and performance.
- Manage business rules for import/export requirements and product shelf life.
- Schedule and monitor production activities to produce, test, package and deliver.
- Monitor customer order through delivery, payment and reverse distribution
- Inventory management with end-to-end distribution services.
- Represent manufacturing on specific projects teams with Leadership.
- Develop/modify departmental SOP's and practices as required and updated.
- Assist in equipment/system troubleshooting efforts and improvements as identified.
- Interface with staff in operations, technical services, automation, QC and QA to coordinate resources and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Drive business insights through active mining of operations and financial data.
- Serve on a larger project team focused on uncovering fresh sources of efficiency, operational capability, and other sources of supply chain improvement.
- Collaborate with cross functional business partners to highlight areas of potential value.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status).
- Candidate must be actively enrolled in an accredited University for the duration of a co-op assignment pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 is strongly preferred.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) and overtime if is required by the business.
- Candidate must have bilingual (English & Spanish).
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist.
Our preferred majors are, but are not limited to:
- Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Biomedical, Computer/Software)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
#JNJUndergraduate #JNJSupplyChain #JNJCoOp
United States-Puerto Rico-Guaynabo-
North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Anasco, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Manatí, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Gurabo, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-Las Piedras, North America-United States-Puerto Rico-San Lorenzo
Ethicon Endo Surgery, LLC (7597)