Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL)
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Business Relationship Management
Requisition ID: 3326180605
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL) supporting the Janssen R&D Oncology Therapeutic Area, which sits in the location of Spring House, PA.
At Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We develop treatments, medical devices, and consumer products that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Our pharmaceutical research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. Our medical devices teams serve healthcare professionals in fields like orthopedics, neurology, cardiology, minimally invasive surgery, wound management, women’s health, vision care, and diabetes. Our Consumer companies make many of the world’s most beloved healthcare brands. Many of our brands hold #1 or #2 positions in their categories. All of our consumer brands offer innovative healthcare solutions that help people live healthy, vibrant lives. For more about Johnson & Johnson, visit www.jnj.com
Leveraging the talent and product expertise across the J&J companies, we are establishing enterprise teams for Clinical Operations and Regulatory Operations to enhance our ability to deliver cross-sector patient and consumer solutions through best-in-class processes that reduce complexity and bring products to markets faster. This role is a key position in the enterprise effort.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Senior Manager, Business Technology Leader (BTL) for the Janssen R&D Oncology Therapeutic Area will play a meaningful role in finding opportunities for the creative application of established and emerging technology to support therapeutic research & development and to improve the value proposition of therapeutic and disease area strategies. Positioned at the interface between Janssen pharmaceutical R&D scientists and the J&J Technology organization, the BTL is responsible for developing a keen understanding of disease area and compound development strategies and proposing groundbreaking technology solutions that provide significant value for the Oncology Therapeutic Area in partnership with the J&J Technology Product Line Organizations (PLOs). Cross-disciplinary experience and a strong ability to communicate and build credibility with scientists as well as to translate creative ideas into actionable projects executed by Technology professionals is essential.
Additional specific responsibilities include:
• Ongoing consultation with Research & Development leaders, identifies and analyzes business needs, ensures scope and requirements are aligned and builds opportunities for innovation in technology enabled solutions that drive value for Disease Area Strategy
• Engages architecture, product line organizations (PLOs), and Technology shared services experts to define Technology solution strategies that maximize business value and are consistent with business objectives and strategy
• Learn Disease Area and Compound Development Team priorities and translate them to the development of business cases for proposed projects
• Partner with PLOs to estimate cost of development effort, resource requirements, and time to deliver prioritized requirements
• Structures and evaluates proof of concept projects that can demonstrate value to support future endorsed programs
• Works with Project Managers to lead project plans, financials, risks and issues for the defined projects and portfolio
• Coordinates business engagement for user acceptance testing, rollout, and adoption
• Ensures compliance with Janssen policies & regulations, participates in compliance activities as required, and ensures development of required documentation
• Tracks benefit realization from the delivered capabilities
• Handles business partner expectations and resolves conflicts
• Negotiates the needs of multiple partners
• Experience in Biological or Pharmaceutical Research & Development is required
• Experience in oncology research & development is preferred
• A background in immunology or immuno-oncology is preferred
• Knowledge of the pharmaceutical business and prior leadership in information and technology is preferred
• Experience in pharmaceutical target identification is preferred
• Experience in biomarker discovery preferred
• Experience in the application of wearable biosensors is preferred
• Prior project leadership in a matrixed environment is preferred
• Experience with informatics approaches involving biological pathway and systems biology is preferred
• Experience developing software solutions is preferred
• A flexible leader that thrives in a rapidly changing technology and business environment while scaling for excellence and global expansion
• An authentic leader committed to diversity and the practices that build a passionate, bold and rewarding work environment, with the ability to inspire a diverse, multi-generational workforce and that recognizes and rewards teamwork, performance and inclusion
• An innovative thinker with strong understanding of technology trends and the potential impact for addressing the needs of partners including patients, caregivers, and clinicians
• Strong understanding of the pharmaceutical business and its operating environment (e.g., trends, competitors, compliance landscape, and regulatory environment).
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required. A major in Biological or Computational Science is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of progressive business experience is required.
• An advanced degree in biological or computational science is preferred.
• Strong communication skills, and tight-knit relationship development and management attributes in a global setting is required.
• Experience in bioinformatics or bioinformatics research is required, preferably with a focus on large scale “omic” and pathway/system analytics.
• Experience in oncology R&D is preferred.
• Demonstrated experience defining innovation strategy and driving its implementation is required.
• Strong knowledge of medicinal product R&D with demonstrated experience driving innovation is required.
• Experience managing matrixed, consultant, and internal and external technical personnel in a fast-paced, complex, global project environment is required.
• Experience leading global business priorities and projects across multiple business areas is required.
• Strong business process knowledge, and a shown capability to apply technology solutions in addressing complex, global business issues is required.
• An understanding of 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements is preferred.
• Experience handling the estimation, budgeting, and financial tracking of Technology projects is required.
• Up to 15% travel (domestic & international) is required.
• This position is located in Spring House, PA.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Business Relationship Management