Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Financial Analyst- Part Time
Requisition ID: 3322181002
J&J Design (JJD) a Business Units of the Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a part-time (3 days/week) Senior Financial Analyst supporting JJD operations and financial reporting.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 265 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 126,500 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
JJD is located in NYC but the role will be located in New Brunswick, N.J. with travel to company location as needed. JJD is an Enterprise Capability focused on bringing innovative and differentiated design services in support of J&J businesses. This role will report to the Sr. Finance Director of J&J Health & Wellness Solutions, another enterprise group and be an integral member of that Finance team.
J&J Design’s operating and financial model is dynamic and complex. Key focus areas for this role are in the areas of strategic planning, business partnering with J&J Design leaders and other sectors and managing all tactical financial activities (X-charge, BVA, and affiliate revenue forecasting). The oversight and coordination of all financial planning and management activities include:
- Develop and deliver business plans and key updates (Consumer & External)
- Support quarterly close activities, communication of financial timelines & targets
- Coordination with Operations team to create Intercompany Cross charges
- Manage trending and Quarterly LT submissions, manage risks and opportunities
- Liaison with cross opco finance partners on intercompany commitments (>$500K)
- Consolidation of All OpCo Funding to obtain full J&J Design Budget
- Management of PO Report and Mismatch Report and monthly BVAs
- Capital Spend Management (Report aCARs, process reclass, closure)
JJD financials are managed as a full cost recovery operation. Finance support is critical for J&J Design to successfully support its 110+ employees and enable them to partner across more than 10 businesses, deliver exceptional design on hundreds of projects, with corresponding intercompany cross charges and purchase orders. Strong business partner engagement is critical to support business strategies including:
- Budget strategy inputs in development and management of contracts
- Host Quarterly Finance Results Review with LT Team
- Attendance at key LT Meetings & JJD Town Halls
- Coordination with Operations and LT members to manage Business Dashboard
- Ad hoc Finance Requests & Guidance (Smart spend, historical spend)
- Ad hoc Requests for Financial Information with
Studio & Solution Leaders
The candidate will work closely with key organizational leaders in the development and execution of JJD strategies to deliver their capabilities in support of J&J products and brands through an evolving enterprise delivery model. This position requires active engagement with JJD business and team leaders in the project management, oversight, pricing and execution of these services. Ensure compliant and value-based pricing for JJD offerings with accountability to develop and support effective internal funding models. Candidate must have a working knowledge of the pricing and compliance environment within J&J. Cross sector experience is preferred.
Candidate will be responsible for partnering across J&J with other functional expert teams (including Finance, Legal, HCC, GCC, Tax), as needed to support the funding model strategies.
Candidate must possess excellent communication and time management skills, be a self starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. The company is currently in a “growth” phase and requires a candidate who possesses strong strategic thinking, business partnering and who is comfortable working in ambiguous situations.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in accounting, finance or economics
- Minimum of 3 years of Accounting/Finance and/or Business-related experience is required
- A MBA, CPA, CMA, or other financial certifications are preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills are required to include formulas, VLOOKUPS, and pivot tables
- Candidate must possess strong technical finance and accounting skills and business acumen
- Strong presentation, business framing, strategic thinking and communication skills are required
- Must possess effective collaboration and influencing skills with both internal and external partners
- Candidate must be self-motivated with ability to operate effectively in ambiguous environments
- This position is located in New Brunswick, NJ
- Up to 30% domestic travel (Travel to NYC from New Brunswick will be required or 1 day/week)
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick