Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
(Drexel) Chemical Purchaing Co-op
Requisition ID: 3302171025
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners inhealth care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing approximately 127,000 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
- The primary responsibility of the Purchasing Co-op will be to support the North American Procurement organization. The functions performed in the Procurement
- Organization include negotiation, supplier selection, new products launch support, spend analysis, and reporting. The group is also involved in identifying cost
- Improvement opportunities and driving initiatives through ambitious bidding. Highlight savings opportunities and categories that Purchasing should review or target.
- Develop metrics to evaluate supplier performance and methods to communicate these results into actionable performance improvement plans. Strategic management of raw material suppliers primarily in the areas of Chemicals, Packaging and Fibers/Non- Wovens to support production across internal and contract manufacturing plants.
- This position requires interaction with cross-functional business partners in project management, manufacturing, finance, and marketing as well as extensive external-interaction with suppliers.
Philadelphia's Pennsylvania Suburbs
Car required to get to work: Yes
Number of Openings: 1
Exposure to hazardous and/or biohazardous materials: Yes
Travel required for position: No
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and must not require sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future (e.g. H1-B status)
- A minimum GPA of 2.8, preferred 3.0 Cumulative is strongly preferred
- Candidate must be actively enrolled pursuing either a Bachelors or Master’s degree ( but not necessarily taking classes)
- Basic proficiency with the Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required
- Able to demonstrate strong analytical and quantitative skills, excellent communication and presentation skills and leadership qualities are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and initiatives while maintaining a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently within a matrix environment where tight timelines exist
- Candidate must have reliable transportation to and from work on a daily basis for the duration of the co-op.
- Candidate must be able to work full time (40 hours per week) during the duration of the co-op position.
Business, Business & Engineering, Supply Chain Management, Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-Pennsylvania-Fort Washington
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)