Johnson & Johnson Careers
Global Medical Safety Physician Fellow
Requisition ID: 3288190826
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Janssen Research and Development, L.L.C., a member of Johnson and Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Global Medical Safety Physician Fellow in Horsham, PA for the first half and in Titusville, NJ for the second half.
At Janssen Research & Development, LLC, we are united and energized by one mission - to discover and develop innovative medicines that ease patients' suffering and meet the most important unmet medical needs of our time. We think of the world as our laboratory and we look for innovation wherever it exists. This drives our relentless search for the best science, and our pursuit of collaborations and partnerships. We believe there are no limits to what science can do. We are currently seeking post-doctoral candidates to join our scientific team and contribute to the mission of discovering and developing novel therapeutics.
Janssen thrives on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Global Medical Safety Physician Fellowship is a one-year program designed to provide qualified physicians the opportunity to gain specialized and in-depth training in key areas of pharmacovigilance within the pharmaceutical industry. This Fellowship does not provide certification of any kind. The Global Medical Safety Physician Fellow (GMSPF) will:
- Participate and complete training in several areas of pharmacovigilance, which include: safety surveillance and signal evaluation; identification of new potential safety concerns; and characterization of emerging and known product safety profiles; and the design and implementation of risk minimization strategies.
- Provide medical expertise in the evaluation of safety data from a variety of sources (interventional and non-interventional clinical studies, post-marketing data, literature reports, and other sources of safety data) as part of the overall pharmacovigilance surveillance process; this includes medical review of individual case safety reports (ICSRs) and evaluation of aggregate safety data.
- Ensure communication of potential new safety concerns and trends to the Medical Safety Officer (MSO) and the Safety Management Team (SMT).
- Support SMT activities such as the evaluation of safety issues to characterize any emerging or known product safety profiles, preparation of aggregate safety reports such as Periodic Benefit Risk Evaluation Reports (PBRERs), ad-hoc regulatory reports, and interpretation of surveillance and product quality data.
- Work in a cross functional, matrix team environment.
- Contribute to, when appropriate, the design and implementation of risk mitigation strategies to ensure the safe and appropriate use of Janssen Research & Development, LLC products.
- Provide two presentations concerning Pharmacovigilance and/or pertinent medical topics to your team.
- Candidates must have a Medical Degree (MD/DO or equivalent) with three or more years of clinical experience (residency training included) at the start of the program.
- Board certification/eligibility is preferred but not required.
- Candidates need to have the ability to critically evaluate data from multiple sources (clinical trials, literature, etc.), assess clinical importance and potential impact of the data, and present the findings clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Candidates need to be able to meet deadlines and effectively handle multiple priorities with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including formal presentation skills, fluent in written and spoken English, and a working knowledge of the use of Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
Locations: Horsham, Pennsylvania, Titusville or Raritan, New Jersey
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)