Johnson & Johnson Careers
Data Services Engineer, Technical Lead
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3284190827
Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Data Services Engineer, Technical Lead. This position is located in Somerville, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
We are looking for a Technical Lead who has strong innovative product development skills to build data platform as a Product within digital ecosystem for medical devices. Digital foundation includes a platform led approach with re-usable components for assets across the J&J MD portfolio – enabling collaboration between product teams while reducing effort in building new products. The role requires deeper knowledge of micro services development with broad experience of developing data management capabilities and advanced analytics solutions. Experience in handling a variety of structured and unstructured data sources in the healthcare field, the adeptness to collaborate closely and influence others in an ambiguous and fast-paced environment, creativity to invent, customize and work in a multidisciplinary environment to drive business solutions and exposure to new technologies in data and analytics.
The primary responsibility of the Data Platform Data Services Development Engineer is to collaborate with internal and external partners across the organization to develop sustainable solutions that support data-driven decision-making with hands-on expertise to build Data and Analytics services. As an integral part of Digital Surgery Data Platform team, you will architect, design, build, and support data services for a robust cloud data and analytics platform integrating device/robot and clinical health data from various hospitals.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Lead development of Data Services and Data Engineering aspects per product roadmap and defined features.
- Lead development and evolve microservices framework for data ingestion, data processing and provisioning.
- Act as technical domain expert in the topics of device data management, Hospital data management, data persistence across various public clouds, data quality, real-time data integration, ETL /ELT patterns and serverless architecture.
- Proactively find opportunities and technologies regarding the access, processing, visual display, and analysis of data.
- Own design and implementation responsibilities to ensure technical solutions forward the integration architecture for advanced scalability, technical standards and objectives.
- Support and contribute to creation of relevant documentation, knowledge exchange sessions with various stakeholders to articulate the solution design and implementation roadmaps.
- Ensure data accuracy and completeness while producing high quality data management software with scalable data services that fits business needs.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science and/or engineering equivalent is required. A master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years professional work experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of substantial experience building Data Services, Data Engineering discipline is required.
- Hands-on in-depth programming skills using JAVA is required.
- Hands-on in-depth programming skills using Python/C# is preferred.
- Experience designing and developing compelling and high performing, highly available information delivery and micro services framework solutions is required.
- Familiarity with emerging technologies pertaining to IoT and data management spanning multi-cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, GCP), Data Stores (NoSQL stores like Cassandra, Postgres), machine learning, and artificial intelligence is preferred.
- Experience working with event hubs such as Kafka for streaming patterns is preferred.
- Experience in designing and orchestrating containers (Kubernetes, Docker) in enabling the microservices framework is preferred.
- Knowledge of data wrangling and analysis languages language like Python, R, C++ in understanding the framework developers are building towards digital ecosystem is preferred.
- Project experience following frameworks of SAFe for Lean Enterprises/Agile/Scrum teams is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work with business owners, product managers, product owners to strategize and implement data management and analytics solutions is required.
- Proven aptitude for research to address meaningful questions with data services is required.
- Experience in the Medical Devices/Pharmaceutical/Healthcare industries is preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills, with the ability to balance multiple tasks with high attention to details is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including experience writing procedures for a complex IT/engineering/technical environment, documenting complex technical solutions, and delivering technical presentations to diverse audiences is required.
- This position is based in Somerville, NJ and may require up to 5% travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville-
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)