At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., is a part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
We are currently recruiting a Director, Clinical Leader and will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
As a Clinical Leader, you will be responsible for leading and contributing to Clinical drug development activities for a unique program under a BARDA government contract. The BARDA contract is for the development of the drug as a radiation and chemical countermeasure as well as an Oncology drug that reduces morbidity and mortality in patients receiving radiation and chemotherapy. You will manage the design, implementation, conduct, and interpretation of the oncology studies in patients with liver cancer and other potential indications related to radiation and chemical injury (from IND/CTA submission to registration). You will support the translation of the animal data to humans to obtain approval for the biodefense indications under the Animal Rule. You will lead an operational cross-functional clinical team consisting of team members within Janssen, assigned vendors and/or external organizations.
- Design innovative translational and clinical development plans from Phase 1 to Registration.
- Operate with an appropriate sense of urgency and creative mindset within the team with a goal of successfully developing this drug.
- Interacting with regulatory health authorities
- Serve as a core member of Compound Development Team.
- Work closely with preclinical team on design, execution, interpretation and report review
- Design and write protocols, health authority documents and publications
- Respond to health authority and BARDA queries
- Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with leading international academic clinical and translational research centers involved in HCC oncology drug development.
- Promote diversity, inclusion and tolerance within the work space.
Required Skills and Experience:
- An MD/PhD, MD, or equivalent with specialty training in oncology
- A minimum of 10 years industry and research experience
- A strong background or familiarity with clinical pharmacology, discovery research, translational or experimental medicine, biomarker applications and cancer biology
- Board certification is preferred
- Experience in radiation Oncology is a plus
- A recognized expert in anticancer drug development capable of establishing and maintaining peer-to-peer external collaborations with leading international academic clinical and translational research centers preferred.
- Excels at programmatic and strategic thinking in oncology drug development
- Outstanding communication and leadership skills to maximize effectiveness in a highly matrixed organization preferred
- Travel up to 50% both domestic and international
BE VITAL in your career; Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-New Jersey-New Brunswick-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Johnson & Johnson (6067)