Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Plastics Manufacturing Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 3270190827
Are you ready to further your engineering career and make a positive difference in peoples' lives?
Ethicon Endo- Surgery, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Senior Plastics Development Engineer to support the development of plastic components for Energy surgical devices in Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and sealing devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market-leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 25 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
Our team of engineers, designers, and technical experts are in the forefront of technology in the medical device industry. You will be making a vital contribution to the New Product Development (NPD) pipeline and transforming patient care through innovation. Our Development Engineering staff works with NPD teams and Suppliers to develop robust component designs and manufacturing processes that meet or exceed all product requirements at the lowest possible manufacturing cost. This key role provides an opportunity to bring exciting new Ethicon Endo-Surgery products to market while also providing the opportunity for significant professional growth.
The Senior Plastics Development Engineer will apply their knowledge and support to:
- Plan, design, develop, qualify, validate and stabilize plastic component development and qualification process solutions for New Product Development (NPD) projects.
- Provide input to NPD teams on Design for Manufacturing, Assembly & Cost and drives robust product and process development that meets business commitments and stabilization metrics.
- Design and develop robust equipment, tooling and manufacturing processes to meet product requirements in compliance to Quality, Lean, Safety and Ergo requirements and incorporate risk mitigation methodology to drive process stability and capability.
- Identify and implement project management and component development best practices.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, combined with a minimum of 5 years work related engineering experience
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 4 years manufacturing process development, with a focus on plastics components development and qualification
- Prior experience in New Product Development working in a team environment
- Previous experience in the areas of Design for Manufacturing or Assembly (DFM & A)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Performance within a medical device production environment or other regulated environment
- Experience working closely with external suppliers
- Prior Project Management and Risk Management experience
- Knowledge and application of GD&T (ASME Y14.5)
- Measurement Systems Analysis (i.e. GR&R).
- Statistical Analysis knowledge (i.e. Design of Experiments (DOE), Process Stability/Control/Capability)
- Process Excellence Six Sigma knowledge
This position is located in Cincinnati, Ohio and may require up to 25% domestic and international travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)
R&D Engineering (R&D)