Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operations Excellence Manager
Requisition ID: 3267181001
Depuy Synthes is currently recruiting for a Manager of Operational Excellence (OpEx) for their Monument, Colorado manufacturing facility.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The OpEx Manager is accountable to lead implementation of the lean operating systems structure to meet the manufacturing site’s continuous improvement targets for safety, quality, customer service and cogs reduction. Responsible for leading exception-based daily site performance discussion. Responsible to lead/support and/or initiate process improvements in conjunction with the Value Stream Managers; process kaizan, flow kaizan, value stream mapping (VSM) and other lean manufacturing techniques through the disciplined use of identification, analysis and measurement. The OpEx Manager role brings expertise in support of multi-functional efforts towards process improvement, data capture and analysis, infrastructure support, process ownership and required compliance to procedures. Communicating with and advising Value Stream Managers on strategic direction and thrusts is critical to the success of this position. The OpEx Manager will also be responsible for not only local activities but also globally as Best Practices are identified and implemented.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of multiple business applications.
- Promotes innovation in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Monitors, communicates, prepares and presents operations suggestions, results and metrics.
- Partners with management team to optimize operations processes and ensures linkage to company productivity and financial goals are met.
- Responsible for teaching less experienced personnel on the benefits of lean and JIT application towards manufacturing improvements.
- Promotes and nurtures the highest standards of teamwork and cooperation in order to implement key strategic processes and programs.
- Effectively completes other duties as assigned.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to one's job, and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
- Promote and nurture the highest standards of professionalism, ethics and compliance, and actively support our compliance program-related initiatives and activities.
- Consistently enforce employee compliance, including attendance at training programs, and promptly report any non-compliance to the Chief Compliance Officer.
- Minimum of BS in Engineering, Science or related Discipline is required.
- Advanced degree is preferred
- 10 years’ experience is required.
- Minimal level of Lean certification required, Black Belt preferred.
- Must be familiar with the operation of manufacturing facilities.
- Must have the ability to perform financial analyses of capital projects.
- Good communication and presentation skills, both oral and written, are required.
- Strong influencing skills along with the ability to negotiate with key business leaders is critical.
- Experience managing capital and expense budgets is required.
- Travel estimated to be < 10%.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)