Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision (JJSV) is recruiting for a Staff Software Engineer, located in Milpitas, CA.
The Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision goal is improving sight throughout a patient’s lifetime. J&J Surgical Vision is well positioned to address a full range of vision health needs for global markets: The No. 2 global provider of CATARACT products and a leader in presbyopia-correcting IOLs, the Global REFRACTIVE market leader, all supported with a CONSUMER EYE HEALTH diverse portfolio of solutions and drops. Research, innovation and new-product development are the focus of our organization.
The Staff Software Engineer will support the development of surgical systems within the regulated medical environment. This position will work with teams or individually based on project complexity. He or She needs to be able to work with multi-functional groups to gather and document requirements to develop software. The ideal candidate has a high sense of urgency and is a self-starter that can contribute to the team while adhering to procedures, and supports department objectives.
Main areas of responsibility:
• Work independently or in a team with embedded software engineers, systems engineers, and UX designers to develop software for medical device applications.
• Design and implement object-oriented software in a real-time and safety critical FDA regulated environment.
• Develop efficient, scalable and maintainable code. Create unit test and documentation to meet regulatory requirements
• Under general supervision, works within established guidelines and has flexibility as to method, priority and timing of job duties. Requires some amount of initiative and judgment.
• Bachelors degree or higher in computer science, electrical engineering, or computer engineering.
• Minimum 6 years of experience in one or more object-oriented programming languages C++, C#, or Qt.
• Experience with UML, rapid prototyping, multithreading and memory management is required.
• Experience with cameras, motor/instrument control, or image processing algorithm implementation with IPP, OpenCV, CUDA a plus.
• Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Experience in a highly regulated industry is required, experience with medical devices is preferred (ISO 13485 & 21 CFR 820).
• Experience with software development process and software application lifecycle management is a plus.
• Experience with SQL server, mySQL, JIRA, Git, DOORS, Agile software development a plus.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Johnson & Johnson Surgical Vision, Inc (6234)