Johnson & Johnson Careers
Supply Planning Manager
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Requisition ID: 3259180605
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is recruiting a Supply Planning Manager located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways everyday.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Role Purpose (General Summary):
The Supply Planning Manager reports directly to the Global Planning Business Unit Lead. Responsibilities include delivering service/ inventory performance with direct accountability for Supply and Demand planning activities and product flows across value streams from suppliers, to manufacturing facilities, through to delivery and / or consumption of product by end customers. Leading and developing Demand and Supply planning team.
• Drives a robust process and drumbeat to manage business rules and planning parameters (including safety stocks and inventory targets), transportation lanes, replenishment methods, and process tolerance and triggers to enable an input-driven Planning process based on current supply chain capabilities.
• Develops a culture of accountability around maintaining these key supply chain inputs (both within planning and with other key functions) that reflect actual performance as it exists in the current state.
• Develops and leads implementation of optimization of supply chain capabilities (e.g. reduce lead times) to further improve the supply chain.
Supply Chain Synchronization
• Manages execution of the Sense and Respond process, ensuring deviations / alerts from defined tolerances are actioned and escalated (as needed) as defined by process inputs.
• Manages multi-echelon recovery planning efforts for a value stream.
• Evaluates the multi-echelon impact of supply disruptions and recommends prioritized actions to resolve.
• Periodically evaluates options to optimize the value stream within the current SC infrastructure.
• Drives communication through S&OP processes to ensure cross functional alignment on proposed optimal scenario and ensures S&OP decisions are implemented.
• Responsible for leading supply planning processes, including Net Requirements and Distribution Planning.
• Responsible for leading demand planning processes within the S&OP cadence.
• Leads planning in generating rough cut capacity plans (RCCP) and a Network MPS. Reviews multi-site constraints to balance Demand and Supply.
• Owns Network RCCP & MPS with risk/tradeoff assumptions and feasible supply plans based on capacity. Communicates Synchronized Network MPS.
• Communicates/hands over Network RCCP/MPS plan to sites within value stream.
• Builds and develops a high-performing Planning team.
• Ensures Planning team engagement in S&OP Processes to provide transparency of risks and opportunities to drive profitable trade-off decisions.
• Drives implementation of best practices in planning. Utilizes process excellence/ six sigma tools to drive continuous improvement of planning process.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA or equivalent is preferred.
• Six Sigma Certifications or Supply Chain Certification (APICS/ IBF) desirable.
• A minimum of 8 years professional experience is required.
• Experience improving planning capabilities and governance is required.
• Experience with ERP (SAP/APO/SNP) & Advanced Planning Systems (OMP) is preferred.
• Ability to develop, coach and lead a team of planners and team leads in the execution, strategies and realization of departmental and company goals is required.
• Ability to communicate clearly, making the complex clear and compelling to all levels of the organization in both written & oral forms is required.
• Ability to drive & apply continuous process improvement tools and improvements to large and complex projects preferred.
• Demonstrates strong decision-making ability in a multiple scenario environment is preferred.
• Business acumen and financial acumen to drive key outcomes is preferred.
• This position is located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL, and may require up to 10% of travel both internationally and domestically.
United States-Florida-Palm Beach Gardens
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)