Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior IT Manager, R&D Emerging Technologies, High Performance Computing (HPC)
Requisition ID: 3244190501NS
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Senior IT Manager, R&D Emerging Technologies, High Performance Computing (HPC). This position can be located in Raritan, NJ; Spring House, PA; or Beerse, Belgium and will require up to 10% local travel between sites in addition to other domestic travel.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The R&D Emerging Technologies team is part of a broader R&D Digital Innovation organization that works on leading-edge technology solutions to drive the Pharma R&D business. R&D Emerging Technologies is made up of a group of technical engineers and solution architects engaged in the hands-on delivery of business solutions. Team members typically work directly with business partners in delivering solutions. The team prides itself on being closely involved in all aspects of deployments, including assisting with defining business value propositions and user story collections, designing robust solution architectures and implementing the technical solutions. Our mission is to use the best technology to design and deliver high performing, scalable platforms, enabling our business partners to capitalize on opportunities that could not have been done before.
The Senior IT Manager, R&D Emerging Technologies will be a part of this team, providing technology and organizational leadership, driving programs, assessing technologies and delivering solutions in the area of High Performance Computing (HPC) and related disciplines.
The Senior IT Manager, R&D Emerging Technologies, HPC will:
- Be a key contributor in setting strategy/roadmaps, as well as lead and implement technology deployments to business partners in the areas of Data Sciences, Computational Modeling & Simulation, Statistical/Numerical Modeling, Clinical Trial Innovation/Design and Computational Chemistry & Biology.
- Maintain strong partnerships with Data Sciences, Quantitative Sciences, Discovery Sciences, Biotherapeutics, Clinical Statistics, Therapeutic Areas such as Neuroscience/Oncology/Immunology, and others based on incoming demand.
- Identify and assess areas of greatest opportunity and impact for HPC in pharmaceutical research and development at Janssen, allocation of team resources to support these opportunities, creation and delivery of success measures, and execution of HPC capability.
- Collaborate with numerous groups across the IT organization, engage and influence in sector and enterprise technology leadership, as well as partner externally with the X-Pharma HPC community.
- Drive the team's technology stack, including capabilities for scheduling, communication, monitoring, reporting, alerting, deployment, orchestration, configuration management, infrastructure, reuse and reproducibility.
- Leverage the unique capabilities of cloud computing to deliver effective solutions.
- Stay abreast of the rapidly changing technology landscape and incorporate new technologies such as containerization and accelerated AI / Machine Learning / Deep Learning as appropriate to deliver business value.
- Exhibit capable and authentic leadership to learn from, develop, support, and motivate their direct reports and their broader team.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, or related field and a minimum of 9 years of industry experience; OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computational Chemistry, or related field and a minimum of 7 years of industry experience is required.
- Proven ability to lead teams, programs, projects and apply business acumen to create new opportunities is required.
- Experience with Python, Java, C++, or related complex programming language is required.
- Experience with Grid Engine or other grid scheduler for cluster computing is required.
- Familiarity with at least one quantitative/scientific application such as R, NONMEM, MATLAB, Schrodinger suite, and/or Sequencing technologies is required.
- Experience with AWS EC2 and S3 is required.
- Experience with functionality of Linux platforms is required.
- Experience with vendor management is required.
- Experience working on cross functional and global teams is required.
- Experience leading/managing direct reports is preferred.
- Experience working with Chef for configuration management is preferred.
- Experience working with Agile methodology is preferred.
- Experience with GPUs for areas such as computational chemistry or predictive model training is a bonus.
- Experience with container functionality (Docker/Singularity/Kubernetes) is a bonus.
- Experience working with high performance storage solutions is a bonus.
- Experience with other major cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure and Google Compute Engine and is a bonus.
- Experience with advanced functionality of Windows platforms is a bonus.
United States-New Jersey-Raritan-
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)