Johnson & Johnson Careers
Clinical Leader, Early Development (Early Development)
Spring House, Pennsylvania
Clinical Research MD
Requisition ID: 3242181001
Janssen Research & Development, LLC, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Clinical Leader, Early Development (ED) for our Early Development group, located in Spring House, PA.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
The Clinical Leader, Early Development (ED) will report to the Vice President Early Development, Oncology and will be responsible for managing ED teams of medical leaders, study leaders, clinical operations, and other support staff responsible for design, implementation, conduct, and interpretation of ED oncology studies (from IND submission to Proof-of-Concept studies). Absolute requirements include recognized leadership in the field of oncology drug development, a thorough understanding of specific challenges in early drug development, and expertise in translational research and biomarkers. The ED Clinical Leader is expected to oversee multiple programs in ED and to design state of the art translational and clinical development plans for our growing ED Oncology portfolio. She/He must also possess or develop disease expertise in hematological malignancies (particularly leukemia), but also be willing to learn development in solid tumors as well. Outstanding leadership skills are required to mentor and promote the career advancement of physicians and clinical project scientists in the ED group. She/He must have excellent communication skills and must be capable of navigating complex process and governance steps within a highly matrixed organization. She/He will need to promote an early drug development mindset coupled with an appropriate sense of urgency within an organization that has a goal of being the best ED oncology program in industry. Oncology scientific expertise is required to interface with scientists in Discovery Research, Biomarkers, ED, and Clinical Pharmacology. The ED Clinical Leader will serve on the leadership team of the ED department and will be a core member of relevant Disease Area Strongholds and Compound Development Teams in the Oncology TA. She/He must also develop and maintain strong collaborations with the leading international academic clinical and translational research centers involved in oncology drug development. Finally, this individual will have to manage internal and external ED clinical programs, and will also participate in the evaluation of external innovation business development and licensing opportunities.
• Lead a global clinical group consisting of medical leaders, study leaders and various operational support staff working across multiple ED programs
• Design state-of-the-art translational and clinical development plans for ED oncology assets from First-In-Human through Proof of Concept and beyond
• Operate with an appropriate sense of urgency and promote an early development mindset within the organization with a goal of building the best ED Oncology program in industry
• Serve on the Leadership Team of the ED group and to be a core member of relevant Compound Development Teams and Disease Area Strongholds
• Mentor the career development of physicians and clinical project scientists in ED department who may be geographically dispersed throughout the USA and Europe
• Interact with scientists in Discovery Research, Biomarkers, ED, and Clinical Pharmacology
• Build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with leading international academic clinical and translational research centers involved in oncology drug development
• Participate in the evaluation of external innovation business development and licensing opportunities
• Promote diversity, inclusion and tolerance within the workspace
• An MD/PhD, MD required
• Specialty training in oncology and/or hematology and board certification preferred
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in oncology drug development in an industry or academic setting required.
• A recognized expert in anticancer drug development capable of establishing and maintaining peer-to-peer external collaborations with leading international academic clinical and translational research centers preferred.
• A strong background or familiarity with clinical pharmacology, discovery research, translational or experimental medicine, biomarker applications and cancer biology required.
• Excels at programmatic and strategic thinking in oncology drug development required.
• Availability to travel approximately 15% of time is required
• Possess outstanding communication and leadership skills to maximize effectiveness in a highly matrixed organization is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)
Clinical Research MD