Johnson & Johnson Careers
Customer Development Analyst
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Requisition ID: 3215180604
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Customer Development Analyst for the Drug Channels Team based in Cumberland, RI.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc. provides sales, marketing and logistical services to U.S. retail customers on behalf of the U.S. consumer companies. It represents one point of contact with our customers for selling teams, customer service, distribution, retail merchandising and professional detailing. It develops and markets baby care, wound care, over-the-counter medicines, and skin care products that address the needs of consumer and healthcare professionals and incorporates the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON'S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brands, Listerine®, Benadryl®, Tylenol®, ZYRTEC®, as well as leading beauty and skin care brands such as NEUTROGENA®, AVEENO® and more.
The Customer Development Analyst is responsible for enabling the Drug Channels Team achievement of forecast and team goals and objectives by delivering analytical support to the Business Development team, customer, and internal partners. The incumbent is proficient and knowledgeable of category management fundamentals. The incumbent proactively utilizes data and analytics to make recommendations on key business issues (4Ps). The incumbent assembles and provides market and competitive data to track business results, monitor productivity, support new product launches, assess category, customer or shopper trends, and develops recommendations based on the analysis. The incumbent assesses and draws conclusions from shipment, POS, customer, competitive, and syndicated business data to identify trends, gaps, competitive threats, ideal assortment SKUs, and sales opportunities. The incumbent translates, creates, recommends, and presents these findings to customer and/or internal teams. The incumbent participates in special projects as assigned by the supervisor.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Supports team members/partners by organizing, analyzing, and drawing conclusions from a variety of data sources, including IRI, Nielsen, POS, and Shopper/Panel, to identify trends and provide insights-based recommendations
• Ensures that data is accurately formed, reported, and error-free when preparing data sets through careful review and refinement prior to performing analysis
• Provides timely point of sale results to field sales teams, based on data availability
• Tracks and reports sales performance, such as promotional, new items, customer results, customer groups, or categories
• Develops planograms recommendations to support customer sales at the shelf, and performs pre and post-analysis
• Supports new product launches by developing fact-based category stories that differentiate J&J products from competitive offerings. Executes specific steps of the new product launch strategy, such as developing fact books, UPC codes, or artwork
• Partners with cross-functional peers to develop accurate SKU-level forecasts
• Completes all required training curriculum and achieves set standards
• Completes special projects as assigned
• Complies with company policies and procedures at all times
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree required
• Minimum of 2 years prior experience in customer sales, merchandising or in a consumer products environment required
• Ecommerce and omnichannel experience preferred
• Previous experience with syndicated data (Neilson, IRI and/or NPD) experience required
• Ability to independently organize and complete assigned work
• Ability to work effectively within a fast paced, complex matrix, changing environment
• Ability to access, assess, interpret, and draw accurate conclusions from sales and customer data required.
• Ability to summarize and influence decisions through data required
• Ability to understand marketplace and various consumer retail business models preferred
• Ability to understand macro and micro trends required
• Ability to create impactful presentations to explain recommendations and findings of studies required
• Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite applications (Excel and PP), database information sources, and web applications required
• Some knowledge of statistical methods preferred
• This position has a primary location in Cumberland, RI with up to 15% domestic travel required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Cumberland
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)