Johnson & Johnson Careers
Operations Team Leader - Weekend Shift
Requisition ID: 3188180928
Johnson & Johnson Consumer, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for an Operations Team Leader - Weekend Shift located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Company Division of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Companies, Inc. develops and markets baby care, wound care and skin care products that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals and incorporate the latest innovations. The portfolio includes heritage brands JOHNSON’S® Baby and BAND-AID® Brand, as well as leading skin care brands such as AVEENO® and CLEAN & CLEAR®.
As the Operations Team Leader – Weekend Shift, you will:
• Supervise mixing and packaging operations and personnel to meet targets including colleagues and activities that are expected to result in the output of goods and services related to the operation of high speed packaging lines to meet internal and external customer expectations for quality, timeliness and cost.
• Establish personnel schedules and product lines based on business needs.
• Provide input to operational flow and identify potential packaging issues, track orders and schedules, and compile/submit data for operating reports.
• Train staff in the areas of safety and quality. As the Team Leader, you will lead activities in a manner that protects the health and safety of all employees and assure compliance of all regulatory policies and procedures.
• Create a work environment that embraces change by providing the leadership needed to implement and execute goals to meet business requirements.
• Facilitate communication activities, and act as liaison between hourly colleagues and other leaders at the site. This individual will understand and ensure adherence to collective bargaining agreement and will communicate operational information.
• Recommend changes to standard operational and working practices including providing the leadership necessary to develop and implement cross-functional team to improve aspects of operations while driving a Continuous Improvement (CI) culture using Lean/Six-Sigma strategies and tools.
• Partner with operations, functional and management personnel to develop and implement methods and processes that optimize the flow and use of material, machine and human resources.
• Oversee all hourly colleagues on in their area/shift in the performance of their duties, coordinate manpower in support of achieving schedules while monitoring and driving employee and equipment productivity (maximize uptime and efficiency) to achieve optimum results in the areas of quality, production, health and safety, and costs of goods.
• Provide input to operational budget, understand financial drivers, and manage costs to improve business' financial results.
• Administer equipment maintenance and repair, as well as maintain records and notify management of reoccurring issues that may require equipment replacement.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in a Science or Engineering discipline. A Master's or higher degree is preferred.
• A minimum of six (6) years of overall professional experience is required.
• Ability to lead the Mixing and Packaging departments is required.
• Experience working in a Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) environment is preferred.
• Previous manufacturing and packaging experience is highly preferred.
• At least three (3) years of proven supervisory experience is preferred.
• Experience in a healthcare manufacturing environment is preferred.
• Previous experience managing department budget and demonstrated experience in project management are preferred.
• Experience with Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools, training or certification is preferred; OSHA training is preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) is required; experience with project software packages is preferred.
• Availability to work weekend shift is required. Shift would be Friday, Saturday and Sunday ensuring overlap with the operations of 4th (7:00 am to 7:00 pm) and 5th (7:00 pm to 7:00 am) shifts. Flexibility to work extra hours or visit other shifts per the operational needs is required.
• This position will be based in Lititz, PA and requires up to ten percent (10%) of travel.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.Need Posting
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)