Johnson & Johnson Careers
Specialist, Employee and Labor Relations (1 of 3)
Requisition ID: 3181190823
Johnson and Johnson is recruiting for a Specialist, Employee and Labor Relations located in Tampa, FL.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Specialist, Employee and Labor Relations is responsible for managing Employee Relations cases for designated workforce group(s) and may assist ER/LR Managers in specific Employee Relations activities. Management of Employee Relations includes, but is not limited to assistance with complex employment policy interpretation, workforce grievances, advice of management on discipline, coaching and training managers and employees and driving adherence to standards. They are responsible for using standard tools, processes and guidelines to research/investigate concerns, to identify policy violations and evaluate findings to ensure appropriate actions are consistently administered. They operate as a steward for the company, escalating matters of concern as necessary to ensure that the interest of the company is protected.The Specialist, Employee Relations manages assigned cases to ensure appropriate resolution of service requests within defined time periods, levels of accuracy and quality standards and customer satisfaction levels. They treat the workforce with dignity and respect, maintaining high levels of confidentiality, trust and integrity in the handling of sensitive matters. They adhere to established standards and guideline.
Other responsibilities include:
• Respond to Employee Relations requests from customers and execute on the key tasks and activities in accordance with defined procedures and guidelines.
• Develop and manage investigation plans.
• Identify relevant policies and practices to determining whether violation of policies or practices occurred
• Assist with the development of performance improvement plans and corrective action steps; review to determine if suitable, reasonable, measurable and actionable
• Handle requests from client legal team for gathering information for responding to legal claims, attorney letters, agency charges, lawsuits etc. related to ER cases.
• Provide insights and intelligence with respect to trends and opportunities
• Communicate and interact effectively with customers and team members; develop credibility and trust relationships with customers, supervisors, and team members
• Investigate issue areas and determine methods of mitigation in order to resolve problems within acceptable time frames, routing or escalating inquiries as appropriate in order to achieve effective and timely resolution
• Comply with documentation and retention guidelines
• Support ER/LR projects
• Identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes and provide support to implement these initiatives by highlighting and discussing key changes/improvement programs with the Employee Relations leader.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in HR experience with a concentration of 2 years’ experience in Employee Relations, experience researching, investigating, and addressing employee misconduct and below job performance standards; providing guidance to management
• Knowledge of U.S. employment law is required
• Demonstrates customer orientation and excellent customer service skills
• Strong organization skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; manages internal communications and external/client communications with detailed support and assistance
• Demonstrated understanding how work and local activities integrate with other HR functional work and in alignment with HR standards is required
• Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality and sound judgment is required.
• Excellent telephone manner with clear, concise and professional communication skills
• Ability to accurately collect information in order to understand and assess the clients’ needs and situation is required
• Preference for bilingual fluency in Spanish
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)