Johnson & Johnson Careers
Scientist, Nonclinical Safety Project Leader
Spring House, Pennsylvania; La Jolla, California
Requisition ID: 3179190430
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Scientist, Nonclinical Safety Project Leader located in Spring House, PA or La Jolla, CA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We are Janssen. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. Learn more at www.janssen.com and follow us @JanssenGlobal. Janssen Research & Development, LLC is part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies.
The Scientist, Nonclinical Safety (NCS) Project Leader will provide toxicology leadership for discovery and early stage development projects. You will collaborate and partner with discovery scientists to characterize and nominate the best molecules for development. With your early development project team colleagues, you will work to rapidly bring these molecules to clinical proof of concept. You will bring to bear the global NCS scientific community to address significant scientific issues for discovery/development projects using heart, science and creativity.
- You will represent NCS on project teams and serve as the primary point of contact within the NCS global community and the interface between Therapeutic Areas and NCS management
- Collaborate with multi-disciplinary discovery teams to design and de-risk leads for promising new discovery phase medicines
- Work with teammates and NCS leadership to craft the strategic plan for a new pharmaceutical product and then craft and implement the NCS project plans (includes oversite of resource requirements, budget and timelines)
- Responsible for assuring the appropriate prioritization, overall quality, and timely delivery of projects
- Accountable for global regulatory nonclinical documents (e.g. IB, CTA/IND and responses to regulatory agencies) for early stage projects
- May present NCS data at meetings with global regulatory authorities
- May participate with due diligence activities on potential L&A opportunities
- PhD in toxicology, pharmacology or related discipline or a DVM/VMD, with 0-3 years of post-doctoral experience or equivalent years pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience demonstrating dynamically growing responsibilities
- Diplomate of the American Board of Toxicology (DABT) preferred
- Experience in a matrix environment (connecting, consensus building, crafting, delivering)
- Experience with different therapeutic modalities such as small molecules, peptides and monoclonal antibodies
- Publications in high-quality, toxicology relevant, peer-reviewed journals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 10% (domestic and international travel)
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-Welsh & McKean Roads
North America-United States-California-La Jolla
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)