Johnson & Johnson Careers
Staff Mechanical Engineer Spine R&D
Requisition ID: 3176180928
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Staff Mechanical Engineer, Spine R&D to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, we are creating one organization that will be agile and better equipped in today's evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
- For Spine this represents an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is excited by building transformational surgical capabilities within neuro-orthopedics, working in a Cross- functional environment of leadership across the franchise and the sector globally.
- This position holds accountability for our critical enabling technology programs, and will work closely with our internal R&D teams and with external development partners as well.
- This role represents the opportunity to shape the R&D function and to help build critical new capabilities in Spine and Global Orthopedics.
- Ultimately this technical leader is responsible for projects from conception through final execution, partnering with other core development teams to integrate enabling technologies across a broad array of surgical and interventional spine solutions.
- He or she will design and implement project strategies, be a leader with any outside co-developers, lead and execute R&D projects and will report to the Group Manager of R&D for Spine.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related discipline is required
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience is required
- Experience with Unigraphics, ProEngineer/Creo and/or Solidworks and advanced skill level on one or the other is preferred
- Strong understanding of medical device design is required
- Experience with capital equipment and disposable medical devices is preferred
- Ability to explain (both written and verbal) complex technical issues to quality engineers, marketers, and technical writers is required
- Willingness to work with cadavers is required
- Willingness to attend live surgeries is required
- Experience with defining test acceptance criteria, developing test methods, and creating test protocols/reports is required
- Experience leading design control activities and design history file implementation per FDA & CE mark standards for medical devices is required
- Experience working with software, firmware and hardware is preferred
- Meaningful experience with all working elements in a cross functional landscape, following a product through the entire design cycle is required
- Orthopedic and/or Neurosurgical spine experience is preferred
- Track record in R&D delivering solutions with complex system components and architecture is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in a start- up type culture working in a fast pace, small nimble team environment is preferred
- Demonstrated experience developing and leading people and leading large programs from start to finish is preferred
- This position is located in Raynham, MA and will require up to 25% of travel domestic and internationally.
Do you strive to join an outstanding team that is
dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you?
Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)