Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 3174171024
Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc., a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Facilities Technician-HVAC in Lancaster, PA.
The Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Family of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and OTC products.
The primary purpose of the Facilities Technician-HVAC position is to perform all responsible tasks necessary to operate, troubleshoot, service, adjust, repair and maintain facilities equipment and utilities supporting manufacturing processes.
Your responsibilities include:
- Perform a variety of tasks included but not limited to monitoring and adjustment of utilities to improve throughput, equipment efficiency, and implementation of corrective actions.
- Perform routine cleaning, housekeeping and non-routine maintenance with adherence to all safety, environmental, and quality policies and procedures.
- Communicate & coordinate with customers and stakeholders regarding schedule and impact of work being performed.
- Proficient in the use of various types of instrumentation to service, maintain and repair all types of air conditioning equipment and refrigeration systems.
- Working knowledge of DDC, pneumatic and electronic controls, VAV boxes, hot water and steam heating systems, large tonnage chillers including related pumps.
- Analyze, troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment in both a team setting and independently.
- Work with computerized building automation system to monitor, operate, and adjust environmental and process temperature and humidity controls to ensure efficient operations.
- Read, understand, and work with blue prints, drawings, diagrams, and service and repair manuals.
- Collaborate with Engineering and/or contractors in the design, layout, installation, troubleshooting, and repair of HVAC systems throughout the facility.
- Work with Information Technology personnel during periods of technical difficulties, patching or upgrades on various facility systems.
- Maintain 5S status of facility maintenance areas.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment.
- Ensure all assigned trainings are completed on-time.
- Assure training in the assigned tasks have been delivered prior to execution.
- Coach, mentor and train others once qualified.
Do you strive to join an excellent team that is dynamic and ever-changing? Is career growth and opportunity appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- High School diploma or its equivalent AND a technical certification/vocational School degree specializing in HVAC (2-year program) is required.
- Minimum 2 years in a commercial environment is required.
- Experience in a regulated, automated industry is preferred.
- Previous pharmaceutical/GMP experience is preferred.
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which include: reclining, climbing, reaching, bending, crawling, squatting, kneeling, climbing up and down stairs and ladders; pulling, throwing, carrying, lifting, pushing; auditory discrimination, near, medium and distant visual discrimination; depth perception; color vision and visual field.
- Basic computer skills, including Windows Operating Systems and applications is required.
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, drafts and diagrams reading and repair manuals interpretation is required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machine shop equipment (e.g. drill press, band saws, etc.) is required.
- EPA certification in refrigerant handling is required.
- Willing and able to pass written and hands-on assessments for qualified candidates is required.
- Ability to work 2nd shift (2pm-10:30pm) with some training during 1st shift is required.
- Able to work extra hours, at night or on week-ends and irregular shifts. Able to respond to emergency calls. Willingness to be on call for off hours, holidays, and weekends is required.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)