Johnson & Johnson Careers
IT Manager R&D Data Engineering, Product Line
Requisition ID: 3163190823
Janssen Research & Development LLC, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for an IT Manager in the R&D Data Engineering Product Line (PLO), with location choices of Spring House, PA; Raritan, NJ; or Beerse, Belgium.
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C. develops treatments that improve the health and lifestyles of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass novel targets in neurologic disorders, gastroenterology, oncology, infectious disease, diabetes, hematology, metabolic disorders, immunologic disorders, and reproductive medicine. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners, from clinics to hospitals. For more about Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, visit www.janssenpharmaceuticalsinc.com
The IT Manager in the R&D Data Engineering group is a leader who can combine a thorough understanding of pharmaceutical R&D scientific processes and modern technology expertise to transform how information technology is applied in Janssen Research and Global Clinical Development Operations.
Working closely with a diverse team of business analysts, architects, and clinical & research Business Technology Leaders, s/he will provide IT strategy, solution architecture, and data modeling.
The role will lead business analysis and system implementation across multiple research and clinical functions to modernize drug discovery workflows, data systems, and clinical trial operation capabilities. In addition to ensuring continuous improvement, s/he will build internal and external partnerships with business colleagues and external experts to shape demand and determine the most appropriate use of skills, tools, capabilities, and technology in support of Janssen R&D.
- Leads IT projects in data engineering applying good project management practices and life cycle management methodologies.
- Contributes to IT strategy and roadmaps for Research and Global Clinical Development Operations aligned to Janssen and J&J business objectives.
- Ensures compliance, audit readiness and operational stability of JRD application landscape.
- Stays informed of the latest evolution of core technology standards for data capture, analysis, and visualization.
- Partners with enterprise teams including enterprise architects and shared services to shape and deliver overall IT services.
- Scientific knowledge of pharmaceutical R&D processes and prior leadership in information management.
- Broad expertise in IT areas and platforms relevant to pharmaceutical R&D.
- Knowledge of computer system validation and compliance requirements.
- A business strategist capable of innovative thinking relative to new and emerging technologies and analytics, and capable of applying innovative capabilities where appropriate.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent degree with 6 years’ experience or a minimum of 4 years’ experience with a Master’s or PhD in Life Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, or equivalent degree is required.
- A minimum 4 years of data management experience in a pharmaceutical or clinical research setting.
- Strong knowledge of the drug discovery and development process.
- Understanding of current analytics and data science technologies (e.g. Spotfire/Tableau/R/Python) and its applicability to pharmaceutical R&D.
- Demonstrated experience directing solution design, business process, and software implementation in pharmaceutical R&D.
- The ability to work in cross functional teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Up to 15% travel (domestic & international).
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House-
North America-United States-New Jersey-Raritan, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium-Antwerp-Beerse
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (6084)