Johnson & Johnson Careers
Software Product Development Engineer
Requisition ID: 3134190822
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Software Product Development Engineer (Digital Surgery) to be located in Boston, MA, or Warsaw, IN.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Software Product Development Engineer (Digital Surgery) will report to the Software Product Development Manager of Digital Orthopedic Surgery. This position is an opportunity to be one of the ground floor members of this exciting team. In this newly created position, the Software Product Development Engineer will translate product requirements into software requirements and develop test cases for software verification and validation. Collaborate with system integrators for reviewing software requirements and design, control of source code, reviewing code, configuration management, change management, program testing, integration of software, and release management process. This position will be responsible for ensuring SaMD (Software as a Medical Device) documentation requirements are met.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate with software development team members to prototype, design, and implement creative software solutions.
- Collaborate with various multi-functional team members (electrical, optics, mechanical, research, regulatory, quality, marketing, clinical, manufacturing, etc.) from initial product concept thru final product launch.
- Develop/implement and document software requirements, risk analysis, and testing protocols
- Test and solve software and provide solutions or investigate alternative design options
- Support software builds for evaluation for human factors evaluation and verification and validation for R&D and clinical studies
- Support V&V test protocol generation, execution and report release
- Execute engineering studies to test early concepts
- Drive innovation of product improvements or next generation products
- Work with global development teams to deliver a novel digital surgical platform and surgical tools.
- Demonstrate superb oral and written communication skills, collaborating as part of a team, working seamlessly with team members across various global locations.
- Ensure adequate modularity by defining technical interface boundaries between complex subsystems and products, enabling future platforms growth.
- Work with technical leadership within traditional systems engineering functions by providing active technical engagement within requirements, capture, decomposition, trace management, verification, validation, risk management, issue tracking and others.
- You must have proven teamwork and interpersonal skills in both team and management review environments. The successful team member will effectively navigate in a matrix organization and use relationships with key business stakeholders to deliver tangible results, communicate needs and issues to drive customer-focused solutions. To ensure timely execution of project objectives, you will use strong analytical skills and initiative and the ability to provide efficient escalation of issues to the appropriate accountable party.
- This team member will use previous experience with project or program management to lead team and influence others, including navigating a multi-cultural global environment. Strong data analysis skills and capability to provide clear presentation of data will be critical.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other Engineering discipline required.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering other engineering discipline preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of relevant software development/engineering experience realted experience required.
- Experience with software application development in C++ and/or C# on the Windows platform is required.
- Knowledge in at least two of these four areas is highly preferred: hardware control, user interface, threading, enterprise systems.
- Experience developing software for complex hardware systems is highly preferred
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (FDA, FAA, or similar) is preferred.
- Working knowledge of ISO 62304, 14971, and 13485 is preferred.
- Experience with Leankit and/or Bitbucket preferred.
- Experience in product development highly preferred.
- Experience developing real-time software for embedded systems preferred.
- Project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks / projects preferred.
- Experience in GUI and multi-threaded embedded software interface and synchronization mechanisms preferred.
- This position is located in Boston, MA, or Warsaw, IN and will require 25% travel both domestic and international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts-Boston
DePuy Synthes Products, Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)