Janssen Global Services, LLC is recruiting for an Associate Director, Market Research, IDV to be located in Raritan, NJ.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Global Services, LLC encompasses groups that provide leadership across critical business areas for Janssen including, Global Commercial Strategy Organization; Global Pharmaceuticals Communication and Public Affairs; U.S. Pharmaceuticals Procurement Group; and Pharmaceuticals Group Business Development.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Market Research Associate Director is responsible for leading and running qualitative and quantitative primary market research projects for global new product development in the IDV TA. In addition to technical proficiency with a range of primary research methodologies and secondary data analysis, you must be able to clearly understand and articulate key business questions & determine the methodology best suited to meet those objectives. You will also demonstrate the ability to ensure optimal study design and execution. You will act in the role of the “voice of the customer” to the Disease Area Strategy (DAS) teams and then translate "customer learning" into actionable recommendations based on key insights. You will facilitate and lead discussions with cross-functional teams regarding implications and relevant recommendations based on those insights generated from primary and secondary research and other analyses. As a strategic partner, you will work collaboratively with his/her marketing team(s) as well as other cross-company and cross-functional partners (Medical Affairs, regulatory, R&D, Global Analytics Hub). Due to the nature of the work, you will lead complexity and think analytically, prioritize work and allocate resources accordingly. This role will demonstrate an understanding of marketing and science. In addition, you will ensure compliance policies are followed.
• Gather data inputs to answer key strategic business questions about product/portfolio(s) dynamics and associated performance.
• Partner across multi-functional partner groups to provide input and direction to develop and execute market research learning plans; analyze market research data to uncover novel and pertinent insights.
• Establish key issues, objectives, strategies, and tactics, as well as develop multi-year growth strategies including a future focused vision for assigned product/portfolio(s).
• Actively identify macro trends impacting regional patient and prescriber needs, respectively; consumption and prescribing habits, respectively within the context of the business landscape.
• Use insights gained from analysis of qualitative and quantitative measures to inform key business partners of necessary marketplace understanding and the environmental landscape such as technological advances; disseminate learning and action plans across multi-functional team(s).
• Progress initiatives from ideation to commercialization through providing fully developed business cases for projects and partnering cross-functionally to execute on ideas and projections.
• Actively partner with entities such as Regulatory, Legal, R&D, and Supply Chain to ensure preparation with “upstream” understanding of their roles for initiatives to ensure efficiencies optimization.
• Act in the role of subject matter authority to educate multi-functional and multi-level team business partners to provide new value as they develop and execute strategies leading to improved business results for assigned product/portfolio(s).
• Partner with forecasting and competitive intelligence to develop P&L drafts and to examine ROI on projects and to benchmark against best practices for similar product/portfolio(s)
• Present to senior leadership and other key stakeholders on marketing plans, programs, performance, success stories and other key insights.
• Lead multi-functional and multi-level project teams to ensure the timely execution of project plans that lead to enhanced product/portfolio(s) performance, and against established objectives, where appropriate.
• Dedicatedly share key achievements and methods for anticipating and/or overcoming potential obstacles to performance.
Johnson & Johnson Family of
Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.