Johnson & Johnson Careers
LABELING PROCESS LEAD
Requisition ID: 3107180927
The Ethicon Surgical Care business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies—including sutures, surgical staplers, clip appliers, trocars and synthetic mesh devices—that are used in a wide variety of minimally invasive and open surgical procedures. The Ethicon Surgical Care business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and electiveness of open surgery. Ethicon Endo-Surgery, Inc. was created 20 years ago in Cincinnati, Ohio, developing innovative devices that have driven the revolutionary shift from open to minimally invasive surgery that continues to lead the industry today.
The Labeling Project Lead serves as the primary resource accountable for leading projects as assigned and supporting process improvements, assessments, procedure updates and training. As part of the Labeling COE the Process Specialist will be assigned projects with the Medical Device sector.
The Labeling Process Lead serves as the primary resource accountable for leading Process Improvement projects for the Labeling COE. The Project Lead is accountable for development, execution, and implementation of projects.
- Apply strong project management, leadership, and problem-solving skills to ensure systems interface to schedule design, approve, and release artwork for all labeling
- Partner with other Project Leads to deliver Process Improvement efforts for the Labeling COE. Identify improvements and deliver processes within the business and across the Labeling COE to drive effectiveness and efficiency.
- Serve as the primary resource in each business to understand both the external regulatory and compliance environment. Provide the capability to deliver solutions to the changes in these environments.
- Provide management with appropriate recommendations as technology emerges after carefully researching logistics and analysis of current business practices for process and/or system improvement.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects for the business.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve/enhance labeling systems and processes.
- Plans, develops, executes, and implements, projects and project plans, including objectives and benefits analysis. Leads implementation of new business process solutions and routinely monitors new processes to ensure that project objectives have been met and that all stakeholders are satisfied.
- Forms and leads process improvement teams that involve and impact internal and external customers
- Aligns activities, goals and objectives with the strategic goals and key priorities identified by the company
- Applies Process Excellence tools and methodology in assessment of business processes
- Continually improves expertise in process improvement techniques and teaches process improvement techniques to others
- Coaches and mentors others in developing new skills and strengthening team relationships
- Regularly updates Management staff and team members on project status
- Maintains the team’s visibility to the New Product Pipeline and Global Regulatory and Compliance requirements.
- Effectively communicates to all affiliate sites, plants, other J&J companies and relevant business partner the development of standardized approaches as new technologies will be are introduced.
- Develops domestic & international relationships & contacts to improve communications worldwide. Gain alignment from managers and stakeholders regarding process change activities
- May supervise or direct co-ops, interns, or contractors.
- Work cooperatively with Project Teams, consultants and suppliers.
- Minimum undergraduate (BS/BA) with 5 + years of business or related experience, required.
- Advanced degree preferred
- Project Management experience preferred
- Minimum of Green Belt certification in Process Excellence preferred
- Demonstrated capability to manage projects of small to medium complexity or single complex effort
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong communication skills – written & verbal
- Interdependent Partnering
- Ability to effectively interact and partner with all levels and disciplines within the organization
- Mastering Complexity
- Ability to manage multiple projects competing for resources
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong Organizational and Prioritization skills
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Skills
- Ability to recognize the relationship between individual projects and the broader implications for the organization
- Project Management skills
- Proficient with Process Excellence tools and methodology
- Able to conduct meetings, conferences, & presentations - domestic & international
- Negotiation - dealing with translation suppliers & project teams
- Domestic / international legal & regulatory requirements
- Domestic & foreign registration requirements
- Foreign national laws
- Technical writing & / or graphic designing, editing & proofreading & applicable standards
- Change management concepts & methods
- Personal computer skills, MS Office applications, Word, MS Project, Excel, Powerpoint
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Ethicon Endo Surgery Inc (6041)