Johnson & Johnson Careers
Somerville, New Jersey
Requisition ID: 3102180927
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
With $76.5 billion in 2017 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 125,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Ethicon Inc., part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for an Associate Engineer located in Somerville, NJ.
The Ethicon business offers a broad range of products, platforms and technologies-including sutures, hemostasis products, surgical staplers, trocars, energy devices and synthetic mesh devices-that are used in a wide variety of open and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Specialties include support for treatment of colorectal and thoracic conditions, women's health conditions, hernias, cancer and obesity. The Ethicon business combines products and services of two market leading legacy companies, both with long histories of medical innovation. Ethicon, Inc. based in Somerville, New Jersey, was founded more than 80 years ago as a pioneer in suture development and manufacturing, helping to transform the safety and effectiveness of surgery.
Thriving with a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Perform project management activities: preparing and analyzing project timelines, budgets, leading cross-functional team and stakeholder communication. Understanding project risks and putting in mitigations, where applicable.
- Be responsible for creation of required protocols/reports, specifications and routing for approval through document control system.
- Design mechanisms and sub-assemblies of varied machine and tooling systems
- Serve as a support engineer to more senior staff.
- Have a competent understanding of GMP’s and ISO 9001 standards.
- Assist in the development and review of machinery and process specifications.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of machinery and processes during the debug and development phases.
- Prepare developmental protocols and completion reports.
- Provide data analysis and recommendations from testing and development protocols.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Plastics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science, Materials Science or a related technical discipline with intended graduation date between January, 2019 and June 2019 is required.
- A minimum of six (6) months of related work experience (can include Co-Ops and Internships).
- Process Engineering experience and experience working in a regulated industry (i.e. Pharma, Medical Device) is preferred.
- Prior exposures to execution of cost improvement projects (CIPs), capacity expansion projects, new process development and process validation is preferred.
- Knowledge of the validation requirements for Medical Device manufacturing preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) is required. Knowledge of CAD preferred.
- Knowledge of statistical data analysis tools (e.g. Minitab) preferred.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Process Excellence Tools and Methodologies (i.e. DMAIIC, DMADV, Lean), including Design of Experiments, capability analysis and sampling statistics and techniques preferred.
- Experience in the development and execution of project plans is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects required. The applicant must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. The applicant must also have strong interpersonal and influencing skills. The ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team environment is required.
- This position may require up to 30% domestic and international travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
Ethicon Inc. (6045)