Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Director, Antibody Generation
Requisition ID: 3099180207
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a division of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies is recruiting for a Senior Director, Antibody Generation located in Spring House, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit www.JanssenBiotech.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
This Senior Director will be responsible and accountable for leading Antibody Generation and screening group in both US and Europe to meet all antibody generation needs for all therapeutic areas (Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases) for Janssen. Person will bring strong leadership and organization skills and in depth technical knowledge for generating high quality antibody molecules. The group usages state of art technologies like single b-cell platform, hybridoma technologies and state of art screening methods for generating therapeutic monoclonal antibody in multiple species, including transgenics to produce therapeutic antibodies with human variable genes. Group supports target discovery, high content imaging, and idiotypic and tool antibody generation using novel methodologies. To expand capacity and to take advantage of emerging technologies not immediately available to in house group, this person will identify appropriate technologies like in vivo generation of heavy chain only antibodies and will oversee technical aspects of antibody generation at CRO’s and global vendors. Additional responsibilities include coordination of intra/intercompany collaborations and participate with senior leaders in management to drive success and meet productivity goals of Biologics Discovery and Janssen Biotherapeutics organization. The Senior Director responsibilities include:
- Responsible and accountable for productivity of Antibody Generation and screening group in both US and Europe
- Establish and maintain state of art antibody generation platforms and processes needed for discovery and screening of antibodies to meet various
- Be effective leader of the group in being responsible for knowledge and productivity of scientists in the group
- Responsible for the development of all employees including management development and training to meet current and future business needs
- Initiate long-term projects based on understanding of current and future corporate needs. Sets priorities and objectives of scientific staff, as directed by Therapeutic Area (TA) needs
- Identify key issues and allocate resources to support goals and support stage gate progression of preclinical candidates
- Possess in-depth and current knowledge of antibody generation technologies including Hybridoma technologies, B cell biology, cell biology and humoral response modifiers
- Support of early, late and marketed products with tool generation and immune response evaluations
- Assist in directing efforts in management for Biologics Discovery
- Responsible and accountable in managing Antibody Discovery Unit in Beerse, Belgium and US, including postdocs
- Author patents, publications or trade secrets
- Support preparation of regulatory documents
- Work adeptly in a matrix environment and act as internal consultant in areas of expertise and legacy products and programs
A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with 12 years of industry experience in managing an antibody generation group OR a Ph.D. with at least 5 years of experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver/generate quality antibodies using in vivo approaches through patents and/or publications is required
- In depth understanding of in vivo maturation and immunization approaches for generating high affinity and high-quality antibodies for diverse set of targets is required
- Must possess in-depth and current knowledge of antibody generation technologies including Hybridoma technologies, B cell biology, cell biology and humoral response modifiers is required
- Demonstrated ability of strategic thinking and demonstrated ability to swiftly identify appropriate technology collaboration to deliver needed leads in timely manner is preferred
- Experience working within Oncology, Neurosciences, Immunology, CVM and Infectious Diseases therapeutic areas is preferred
- Team leadership and experience in matrixed environment is preferred
- Ability to travel up to 10% yearly is required (International as well as Domestic)
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. (6084)