Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Government Affairs and Health Policy Coordinator Co-op (Sept 2018, 8 months preferred)
Requisition ID: 3092180320
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in hematology, oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, metabolic and chronic diseases and women’s health. Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen Inc. is a member of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.ca for more information.
Reporting to the Manager of Policy, the policy coordinator co-op will be responsible for research, project management, communication strategies and administrative support to the Market Access Health policy team at Janssen. This would be an 8-month contract beginning in September, located at Janssen’s head office in Toronto.
• You will research current health policy issues, including drug pricing, market access, Pharmacare, biosimilars
• You will develop written briefs on these issues for use by the Government Affairs Health Policy Team
• Support the Government Affairs and Market Access team’s policy projects and strategies
• Coordinate and arrange important policy meetings with the policy team
• You will develop communication tools and templates on important health policy topics
• Support Janssen’s health policy social media plan
• Update Janssen’s policy position papers and internal briefing documents
• Support our Stakeholder Engagement team’s health policy outreach and education of important stakeholders across the country
• Support the development and implementation of the Janssen election strategies
• Currently enrolled at a student, in a in political science, public administration, public affairs, communication or other relevant program. Post Graduate students preferred.
• Must be a student eligible to work an 8-month work term beginning in Sept 2018. Please indicate your availability in your resume or cover letter.
• Experience or understanding of current health policy topics
• Some understanding of the healthcare environments including the inter-relations between the political and bureaucratic levels of government.
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Ability to balance multiple projects
• Formal or informal experience in project management
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Familiar and comfortable using social media
• Highly effective interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated characteristics of self-motivation, initiative and great judgment.
BE VITAL in your career. Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
Diversity and inclusion are central elements of the shared culture across the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Attracting, developing and retaining a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities is essential to our success. We are committed to providing a respectful, inclusive and accessible work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve their potential.
Janssen Inc. (7710)