Johnson & Johnson Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Preclinical Resource Manager
Requisition ID: 3070180206
DePuy Synthes, a Johnson & Johnson Family Company, is recruiting for a Preclinical Resource Manager to work in the Preclinical Center of Excellence in Cincinnati, OH.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Preclinical Resource Manager in the Preclinical Center of Excellence (COE) Operations group will manage:
- the functional planning and execution of all animal, tissue and cadaver studies conducted within the COE vivarium.
- This individual will be knowledgeable of key roles and responsibilities, preclinical study planning and execution.
- This individual will work with Project Leaders, Study Coordinators, and Vendor and Contract Manager to understand the study resource requirements (species, study design, equipment needs) need to efficiently and successfully execute animal and cadaver studies.
- This individual will work with project leaders to prioritize project study needs and to manage study deliverables across the COE.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages the planning and execution of internal animal, tissue and cadaver studies within the preclinical center of excellence animal facility
- Responsible for the management of study directors and oversees the assignment of studies to all contract research assistants, surgical vet technicians and Laboratory Animal Resources, through the site contract managers, to ensure execution excellence of animal, tissue and cadaver studies.
- Serve as the point of contact for study requests in COE vivarium to schedule studies and staff for study execution. Owns the COE Master Calendar of studies.
- Works with project and platform leaders to schedule and prioritize internal study requests. Addresses and resolves study conflicts to ensure timely execution of studies and milestone attainment.
- Optimizes staffing levels of each role based on projected preclinical study needs to deliver efficient high-quality study execution.
- Identify and initiate processes to provide executional excellence of preclinical studies.
- Ensure staff adheres to research protocol guidelines for all lab policies and procedures.
- Works with project leaders to ensure training of study directors, research assistants and surgical technicians to new technologies and animal models.
- Works with attending veterinarian to ensure surgical technicians and animal care staff are trained to and follow required procedures.
- Works directly with partners in professional education regarding animal space requirements within the vivarium and use of preclinical surgical technicians for large education labs.
- Ensures all staff is trained and compliant to facility procedures.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required; a Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years’ experience in preclinical study conduct and execution is required
- At least 5 years of experience managing direct reports is required
- Experience with CRO execution of studies and/or GLP study execution is a plus
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management and planning is required
- Experience with developing scientific staff is required
- Knowledge of the requirements of in-vivo preclinical study conduct is required
- Demonstrated ability to engage and develop relationships with project leaders to facilitate study execution is required.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and organize multiple studies is required.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills – written/oral/listening.
- Up to 5% travel may be required
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)