Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Financial Analyst- Research & Development
Requisition ID: 3058180927
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson’s Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst, Research & Development to be located in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offers an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs to help orthopaedic and neurological surgeons treat patients with conditions resulting from traumatic injuries, degenerative diseases, deformities, and sports-related injuries. Our environment is entrepreneurial, learning-driven, and is as challenging as it is rewarding.
The Senior Financial Analyst-Research & Development (R&D) will be responsible for providing financial support and oversight for the global Spine and Digital Robotic R&D teams. This individual will partner closely with the World Wide VPs of Research & Development for both the Spine and Digital Robotic Platforms along with their teams to build and track a comprehensive Research & Development plan that is aligned with and achieves organizational objectives. The Senior Financial Analyst - Research & Development will be a member of the WW VPs R&D leadership teams and be the primary Finance contact responsible for, but not limited to: building a comprehensive annual business plan and providing periodic updates (June Update, November Update, Latest Thinking, etc), partnering closely with global Finance colleagues to drive global collaboration, transparency, and reporting efficiency, delivering on quarterly and annual budget targets, partnering closely with Global Strategic Marketing Finance to ensure portfolio metrics for new product valuations include accurate R&D assumptions, working closely with R&D project managers to ensure priority programs are appropriately funded, and participate in portfolio prioritization exercises and analysis as part of the cross-functional Portfolio Leadership Team (PLT). The position also plays an integral role in driving select Medical Device R&D projects and initiatives. The role will report into the Senior Manager, R&D Finance for DePuy Synthes.
Key responsibilities include the following:
Financial leadership, business partnering, and coordination of the annual Spine & Digital Robotic business plans and quarterly latest estimates, coordinating between New Product Development, Regulatory, and Clinical to build an annual budget aligned to platform strategies; monthly/quarterly budget versus actual and headcount reporting and variance analysis for Finance leadership and R&D partners; portfolio prioritization and various ad-hoc analyses on portfolio health and priorities; key point of contact for Medical Device R&D shared services for sustaining engineering activities; ownership and accountability for Spine and Digital Robotic R&D budgets.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably within Finance, Accounting, or other Business-related discipline.
- MBA degree is preferred along with CPA and/or CMA certification.
- A minimum of Three (3) years of work experience in financial accounting and analysis is required.
- The candidate must be self-motivated with a track record of demonstrated leadership abilities with senior business leaders and finance colleagues.
- The candidate must be able to develop and implement process improvements.
- Individual is required to perform in a dynamic environment and be able to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- This position requires strong accounting technical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills are required.
- Experience with SAP or TM1 is preferred.
- This role could include domestic travel of up to 10% of the time.
- This role will be located in Raynham, MA.
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)