Johnson & Johnson Careers
DREXEL BIOMATERIALS R&D CO-OP
Requisition ID: 3047190429
Caring for the world one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science, bringing innovative ideas, products, and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets.
With more than 260 Johnson & Johnson operating companies that employ over 135,000 people work with partners in health care to make a difference in the lives of over a billion people throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting a Biomaterials R&D Co-op. DePuy Synthes, Johnson & Johnson’s orthopedic medical device company develops, and markets implants and instruments for orthopedic trauma and reconstructive surgery.
The co-op position offered by DePuy Synthes is in the Biomaterials Research and Development group, which develops implants based on new materials technologies including polymers, ceramics, composites, and drug-device combination products. The Biomaterials R&D Co-op will work in a team environment, assisting scientists and engineers in our R&D laboratories to fabricate device prototypes, and conduct mechanical, chemical, biological, and simulated use testing to evaluate device performance.
- The co-op will conduct experiments and provide data, results analysis, and reports to project teams in a timeline driven process and will contribute to the efficient operation of R&D laboratories.
- The co-op will exercise technical judgment in the design, execution and interpretation of experiments, and use professional concepts to solve complex problems in creative and effective ways.
- The co-op will maintain a laboratory notebook and other technical documentation according to required guidelines.
- The co-op may be asked to provide another project or product support as needed to support Synthes’ business objectives.
- This position requires work in a Biosafety Level 2 lab
- This position is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, located in West Chester, PA, and requires less than 5% travel.
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate engineering or science program.
- The candidate should have an interest in chemistry, biology, materials science, or medical device design and testing.
- The successful candidate will have strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills and should be observant and be able to think creatively.
- The candidate should be able to learn quickly and work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Prior experience in conducting laboratory experiments is preferred
- A GPA of 3.0 or greater is preferred
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester-
Synthes USA Products, LLC (6317)