Johnson & Johnson Careers
Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Software Strategy & Development, Spine
Requisition ID: 3029181120
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is searching for a Marketing Manager, Global Strategic Marketing – Software Strategy & Development within its Spine Platform. This position reports into the Marketing Director of Enabling Technologies and will be based in Raynham, MA.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative, and comprehensive orthopaedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools, and biomaterials. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
The Marketing Manager for Software Strategy & Development will have global responsibility for the software strategy for enabling technologies and will join the Global Strategic Spine Marketing team.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building the software strategy for Surgical Planning, Navigation, and Procedural Optimization including software for predictive modeling and patient selection
- Leading software needs assessment and prioritization of software enabled products across full Spine portfolio
- Defining key software requirements to address stakeholder needs across surgeon, patient, payer, and provider, segmented by key spine fields of interest
- Providing product development mentorship to the internal enabling technology R&D Teams.
- Building product positioning/messaging and developing pricing and other promotional strategies.
- Assessing and quantifying opportunities to improve market share, product profitability, and entry into new procedures/conditions enabled through Software Enabled Product Concepts.
- Extensive interaction with multi-disciplinary product development & marketing teams and high-level surgeon advisory teams in addition to working with cross-functional teams (External partners, L&A, R&D, Sales, Finance, Operations, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory, Regional marketing teams and key customers) in identifying emerging, unmet surgical needs.
- Evaluating various options, creating financial models, and providing direction for global growth opportunities to drive project progress and Spine segment growth. This requires seamless collaboration with Regional Sales & Marketing teams to develop, validate and execute product launches.
- Participating effectively as a great teammate with high quality standards, display knowledge and expertise of sound management practices, and effectively develop, lead, and executes business plans to meet current and future needs.
- Demonstrating effective planning and prioritization skills and establish self as an expert for product franchise and job responsibilities, and will critically examine market dynamics to support strategic and tactical marketing plans with customer interaction.
- Participating and help in the creation to drive the overall short- and long-term Spine strategy, drive product development activities for the Spine segment, as well as ensure collaboration with US & OUS Regional marketing counterparts to support inventory needs, forecasting models, product positioning, & launch strategies.
- Develop sustainable relationships with Worldwide KOL’s, Sales, Cross-Functional, Marketing, and Regional leadership.
- A Bachelor's Degree is required
- A degree in business, technical, or computer science related field is preferred
- An MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Business experience in Medical Device field required
- Business experience in Spine sector highly preferred
- Upstream Marketing and/or Product Development experience is required
- Strategic Marketing experience is preferred
- Experience in software enabled surgical technologies such as pre-operative planning, navigation, robotics, predictive modeling, digital analytics & algorithm design, or smart surgical instruments preferred
- A minimum of 3 years of Marketing, Product Management, Product Marketing or Branding/Marketing with previous product launch experience is required
- Experience working with healthcare professionals is preferred
- Start-up or entrepreneurial experience preferred
- Experience building strong partnerships between cross functional teams such as sales, marketing, clinical, R&D, operations, and/or other key functional partners to deliver business objectives is required
- Strong communication and presentation skills as well as effective planning and prioritization skills is required
- The ability to influence without authority, gain cross-functional support, and drive business direction is required
- The ability to work autonomously to deliver business results is required
- Up to 30% of domestic and international travel may be required for this position
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)