Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Director of Reimbursement (Worldwide and US)
Requisition ID: 3015180927
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) Center of Excellence part of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is recruiting for a Worldwide & US Associate Director of Reimbursement to be based in our Medical Device campuses located in Somerville, NJ, West Chester, PA, Raynham, MA, or remotely.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) Center of Excellence expands patient access to Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices products and solutions by articulating the value of our innovative portfolio. We are a diverse global team of health economists, researchers and analysts focused on changing the discussion from price to value. We partner with Research & Development, sales & marketing and other key internal and external stakeholders during the entire product lifecycle to ensure our innovative portfolio is backed with the clinical and real-world evidence needed to support conversations with healthcare providers, policy makers, payors and patients.
The WW & US Associate Director of Reimbursement within the Health Economics and Market Access (HEMA) Center of Excellence (COE) is critical to supporting the development of global reimbursement capabilities across the CoE. The Senior Manager will support the execution of the reimbursement plans that support Franchise and Regional HEMA teams in their attainment of market access. He/she will do so by ensuring expertise on coding, coverage, reimbursement, as well as on payer relations. He/she will work with the Regional and Franchise teams to understand trends in health policy and ensure appropriate strategies to support successful reimbursement and market access in an increasingly challenging market environment. The Senior Manager will report to the WW Director Reimbursement, and will work in close collaboration with regional cross-functional teams.
- Executes US and global reimbursement and market access strategies to support all critical product launches.
- Works to maximize access and uptake of in market products, specifically in the US region.
- Works with key thought leaders to effectively assist with payer strategies including e.g. specialty societies, key accounts, key customers. Focus on US.
- Collaborates and strategizes with HEMA colleagues and marketing and sales team as it relates to reimbursement and coverage policies, identifying investment and timelines to achieve reimbursement goals.
- Provides education and consultation on reimbursement trends and issues with recommendations for action.
- Understands and translates HTA trends, market access intelligence reports and health policy trends.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Health Economics, Health Policy, Health Sciences or equivalent is required. A Master’s or advanced degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in industry is required.
- WW healthcare experience, US experience required. OUS preferred.
- Experience developing and executing global market access plans is preferred.
- Experience in communicating technical data both internally and externally to non-technical audiences is required
- Knowledge of all aspects of payer systems, including risk management systems and provider contracting is preferred.
- Excel at interpreting and assessing the US reimbursement environment and developing effective strategies to optimize reimbursement and coverage is required.
- Proven capabilities executing successful market access strategies WW is preferred.
- Understanding of global healthcare systems (US), including market access pathways, reimbursement, HTA, pricing and procurement policies and procedures is preferred.
- Experience providing consultation to commercial and R&D teams on reimbursement, health policy and HTA trends, including recommendations for action.
- Understanding of US payer environment. Ability to execute reimbursement strategies is required.
- Proven ability to work in matrix environment is required
- Strong senior level communications skills are required.
This role is to be based in one of our Medical Device campuses located in Somerville, NJ, Raynham, MA, West Chester, PA, or remotely and travel domestically will be required.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-New Jersey-Somerville
United States-Massachusetts-Raynham, United States-Pennsylvania-West Chester
Depuy Orthopaedics. Inc. (6029)
Health Economics R&D