Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sr. Principal Software Architect, Digital Solutions
Requisition ID: 3008180927
Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies is recruiting for a Sr. Principal Software Architect, Digital Solutions, to be located in Raynham, MA or Providence, RI.
The Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies have been working to make surgery better for more than a century. With substantial breadth and depth in surgical technologies, orthopedic and interventional solutions, we aspire to improve and enhance medical care for people worldwide. Together, we are working to shape the future of health through differentiated products and services.
The Digital Platform Center of Excellence is a new Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices initiative intended to build the digital platform portfolio for the Medical Devices Sector. This will be accomplished by building dedicated engineering teams to deliver critical platforms.
This role will lead the software architecture strategy and development for digital solutions team. This is an individual contributor role that requires strong collaboration and leadership experience to be successful. This role will report to the Director of Digital Platform Solutions, who is tasked with developing, integrating and launching digital customer solutions across the patient continuum.
- Architect and oversee development of end to end digital solutions across multiple environments
- Serve as primary software architect to application development teams externally and internally
- Oversee software development activities mostly conducted through external partners.
- Oversee and develop digital software architecture and design, utilizing methodologies that meet current needs and address future technologies and interoperability.
- Deliver Proof-Of-Concepts and customer solutions for digital platform through rapid development and deployment methodologies
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams from initial product concept thru final product launch.
- Develop and implement processes to document software requirements, code, and unit testing
- Devise software test strategies and provide solutions or investigate alternative design options with focus on software stability and reliability
- Support software builds for evaluation for human factors evaluation and verification and validation for R&D and pre-clinical and / or clinical studies
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in in Computer Science/Engineering is required.
- A Master’s degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience is required.
- Minimum of 7 years progressive software development work experience as an individual contributor, and proficiency with software development life cycle (SDLC) methodology is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of software application experience as the primary architect in a digital environment in required.
- Experience developing customer applications in software, web and mobile enabled data applications with strong knowledge of hardware and systems integration is required.
- Experience working with Firmware is a plus.
- Experience with software development in a regulated industry (medical/healthcare or similar) is required.
- Experience with product development and project management tracking tools is preferred.
- Experience developing software for data enabled digital solutions in multiple environments is preferred.
- Experience with GUI, multi-threaded software and user interfaces is preferred.
- Experience as a team leader on software development teams is preferred.
- Project management skills, including the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks / projects required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal, and written skills are required.
- Experience working on teams that have launched products is required.
- This position will be based in Raynham, MA or Providence, RI and may require up to 25% travel.
If you want to explore the many small-company environments behind the big-company impact of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, bid on this position today.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
United States-Rhode Island-Providence
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)